Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost driver profile settings, FSDb, navigation settings, trips, etc. after scroll wheel reboot, cloud profile not showing back up in car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PauliePucks

3rd Party Accessory Junkie
Oct 29, 2021
NJ
So earlier today I was at a Dunkin drive-thru and I took my seatbelt off to get my wallet while the car was in drive but in hold, which resulted in the “the vehicle was put in park to prevent rollaway” message since I lifted off the seat. Normal instance, typically goes away when the car goes back in drive.

When I put the car back in drive, the message stayed on the screen. Odd, but not the end of the world. I got home, the car went into sleep mode and I then got back in to pick up my son from a movie about 2 hours later. After waking the car, the message was still there!

I figured the car needed a scroll wheel reboot while I was still in the driveway, I did it, and when the screen came back on, all my settings, my full self driving beta access, my media accounts were all gone. Everything was back to default, as if the car was factory reset.

I did set up cloud profile but that is not an option I am seeing to log in. I cannot log into Spotify or any video apps. My tesla app shows my cars name from my profile, but the vehicle is unnamed inside.

It seems like something is amiss on teslas server side maybe? I am definitely not happy about this, especially if I have to reenroll in FSDb again (I know it’s gone out to “everyone” but that’s not entirely true)

Does anyone have any idea how to log into the tesla driver profile? I’m assuming the one that was my email address is the cloud based one, which is what I used.

it may have been this which happened to me today and which the service centre sent me a very sad message about:

Same problem here, lost fsd, profiles and premium connectivity upon scroll wheel reboot. Also, nav on autopilot is showing as région locked and traffic light control switch greyed out?!?
I texted tesla service, then suddenly got a software update. Fsd is back but all the other issues remain. Strange

?

Attachments

• 06659A8B-B1CA-4ADE-AD30-ADF6AC555C46.jpeg
    06659A8B-B1CA-4ADE-AD30-ADF6AC555C46.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 192
Reactions: cybergates
Same problem here, lost fsd, profiles and premium connectivity upon scroll wheel reboot. Also, nav on autopilot is showing as région locked and traffic light control switch greyed out?!?
I texted tesla service, then suddenly got a software update. Fsd is back but all the other issues remain. Strange
This happened to me last night. 2022.44.25.5. Was pushed 44.30.5 overnight. No help. I don't mind recreating all driver profiles and logins and homelinks, BUT I do mind losing my 5yr 112k mile "Lifetime" history information in my odometer. THAT bugs the hell out of me. Really need Tesla to spend more energy on this stuff not messing up, instead of on Cuphead.

So earlier today I was at a Dunkin drive-thru and I took my seatbelt off to get my wallet while the car was in drive but in hold, which resulted in the “the vehicle was put in park to prevent rollaway” message since I lifted off the seat. Normal instance, typically goes away when the car goes back in drive.

When I put the car back in drive, the message stayed on the screen. Odd, but not the end of the world. I got home, the car went into sleep mode and I then got back in to pick up my son from a movie about 2 hours later. After waking the car, the message was still there!

I figured the car needed a scroll wheel reboot while I was still in the driveway, I did it, and when the screen came back on, all my settings, my full self driving beta access, my media accounts were all gone. Everything was back to default, as if the car was factory reset.

I did set up cloud profile but that is not an option I am seeing to log in. I cannot log into Spotify or any video apps. My tesla app shows my cars name from my profile, but the vehicle is unnamed inside.

It seems like something is amiss on teslas server side maybe? I am definitely not happy about this, especially if I have to reenroll in FSDb again (I know it’s gone out to “everyone” but that’s not entirely true)

Does anyone have any idea how to log into the tesla driver profile? I’m assuming the one that was my email address is the cloud based one, which is what I used.
Same here today Monday

I am having a similar issue. I recently got a Model Y less than 2 weeks ago, and when I initially setup my driver profile, I created a cloud profile. It automatically had my name, profile picture, etc. that's on my Tesla app. A week later, my Autopilot computer failed and had to bring it to the Service Center to get it replaced. I picked up my car yesterday after being service and my cloud profile was gone and I can't find a way to "sign back in" or get it back.

To test it out, I created a Tesla account for my wife, and invited her to be a driver and the car automatically recognized her account and created her a cloud profile. I still can't access mine or get it back.

Any ideas?

I too had the same problem. problems on my 2023 Model Y with no auto pilot, Tesla service replaced the computer. Got it back, but noticed I lost my profile. No information on the internet. I deleted my keys, and noticed that my cell phone was also disconnected, so I had to reconnect Bluetooth. Still nothing. But what I hate the most is that Tesla has the profile in the cloud, how long does it take to download, why can I not imitate a download. Why did the service department not hint to help me with this. Obviously I am not the only one. Still working it, I will update.

My FSD beta visualization went away, so I did the two thumb reset. After doing so, my climate control switched to LO temperature because my profiles were gone. FSDb was gone as well, until it went into sleep mode. I had to reprogram my homelink.

My trip data holding my lifetime kWh per mile on trip B was lost as well.

I am also having issues. M3 Not sure what triggered it. Maybe an update, and I also had it go into park mode when I opened a door. I lost garage remote programs, all driver profiles, all favorite and recent locations. I also lost self drive, and I cannot turn it on - it says not available in my area. I did a couple 2 button resets. It did think it was in San Diego at the factory yesterday but it found me overnight in Ohio.

Ideas?

Last edited:
Not sure how many know this but depending on where you look Tesla vehicles are either ranked as the worst vehicles in the world for quality, or second worst. I love the self drive but I have had my 60k mileage M3 fixed more times than my last 2 toyotas that I drove each to 200k, combined.