Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost free super charger miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well being on lock down don't help, but a bit miffed my free 5000 supercharge miles have gone. Iost them at the end of march and had 4200 left. you would think elon and co would let the miles go and people start to pay when they run out. I charge at home so wasn't going to drive to a super charger unless needed on a trip.

Now it seems I got to pay at super chargers when I use car for a trip, plus here we are on lock down and the car uses power just sitting on the drive for the last 3 weeks, so no mileage but still need to charge it when it gets low. I guess with ice you would still have the same mileage left in tank after 3 months.

Tesla users got to charge even if there car just sits there obeying the lock down rules. I think the referral miles should last until they run out no matter how long it takes, especially as the super chargers were so busy at times, saving your free supercharger miles until needed free's up super chargers from people who want to make sure they use there free miles before they get snatched back by tesla.

lock down rant over!

Reactions: X-pilot
Well being on lock down don't help, but a bit miffed my free 5000 supercharge miles have gone. Iost them at the end of march and had 4200 left.

Was that when you expected them to expire or is it too early?

In general terms I wouldn't expect them to be just left there forever as that was never part of the original offer, they have always been for use within a limited period, but given current circumstances it would have been a nice gesture to extend the expiry date by a month of two.

Was that when you expected them to expire or is it too early?

In general terms I wouldn't expect them to be just left there forever as that was never part of the original offer, they have always been for use within a limited period, but given current circumstances it would have been a nice gesture to extend the expiry date by a month of two.

Why not just leave them there? let people use them when needed instead of taking up supercharger time just to use up the free supercharger miles before they get wiped out. then people on genuine trips wont have to que like at south mims so often. and people will not feel the need to get the free miles so quickly.

Some times tesla just drop the ball and create the super charger que's, leave the bonus miles in the loot box until needed simple.

What's the expression? "My Piles bleed for you all":D
Elon is haemorrhaging money too.
I have free supercharging and used to judge things so when I went to buy my favourite bread every 6 weeks, 35 miles away I'd leave with enough power to go there and on 15 miles to my nearest supercharger and come home with more power than I left with. Now I just drive 15miles to my nearest supermarket and have to charge from home... terrible!
Actually the only thing terrible about it is not having the nicest sourdough rye.

ya know..one tries to have a sophisticated lockdown but having to mail-order a decent black pudding and worry about the capers and preserved artichoke hearts running out and using OEM tonic with the gin - well It's just not good enough:p

(With props to all the folk running around risking themselves for the rest of us)

Why not just leave them there?

... because that wasn't the original offer...

There is a valid argument to extend the offer period due to current lock-down, but no argument to change the basis of the entire offer.

Clearly the offer is designed to get people to use a supercharger early in their ownership with the hope they will continue to pay for the service later on, giving unlimited life to the offer doesn't achieve that and was never the intent.

Doesn't mean Tesla 'dropped the ball' just means the offer wasn't what you wanted it to be even if it was exactly what Tesla wanted it to be...

Same here.

Started an earlier thread on this as I had ~2.5k left over referrals from the 5k and then 1k referral miles that were one week old go missing. Yeah - one week old!

I have to believe it's a bug given my week old miles have gone and it explicitly says in the loot box section T's & C's that your previous miles get extended.

If, given the circumstances, I was asked to donate same cash equivalent of my miles to a worthy cause, I would be down with that - but please don't just take them away from me!!

I still have 1955 kWh remaining but still within my 6 months. My Account only shows kWh remaining, not miles.

Our online Tesla account shows kWh, our app lootbox shows miles. Its an exact 400kWh = 1000miles conversion.

We do at present still have our part used delivery referral miles showing plus 2 more sets from our other two referrals. One delivered December, one in March if I'm reading the lootbox correctly. So if I understand the dates, our referrals should remain good until end March 2021 6m + 6m + 6m. Not convinced we will get a chance to travel far enough to need though.

Reactions: navt
Oddly the language about each referral extending the deadline by 6 months seems to have gone from the referral program description on the website...

It still feels like something is wrong though as people are still reporting even recent miles vanishing...

31st May mine run out. Nice to get a 3 month extension :)

Not sure if I will use 4065 miles between now and then!

Would be nice if Tesla allowed some form of "Give your SuC miles to the NHS/people working on the front line" so they would be given to someone who really needs it.

Reactions: Roy W.