Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost FSD earlier this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my M3 parked in my buddy's driveway for a few days while on vacation and noticed nav on autopilot wasn't working when i went to pick it up. I soon realized i lost all fsd capabilities. No updates were installed or anything.

Spoke with Tesla support and she told me she had another owner with the same issue. FSD was completely removed from their account and it would take 3-4 business days to get it back. I purchased FSD earlier this year post delivery when Tesla discounted it heavily.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

I had my M3 parked in my buddy's driveway for a few days while on vacation and noticed nav on autopilot wasn't working when i went to pick it up. I soon realized i lost all fsd capabilities. No updates were installed or anything.

Spoke with Tesla support and she told me she had another owner with the same issue. FSD was completely removed from their account and it would take 3-4 business days to get it back. I purchased FSD earlier this year post delivery when Tesla discounted it heavily.

As far as I know there are no FSD features currently on the car. They are all enhanced autopilot or regular autopilot.

As far as I know there are no FSD features currently on the car. They are all enhanced autopilot or regular autopilot.

Tesla bounced around with the naming and the features a ton, but when I bought both, they broke it up into AP and FSD. AP was simply lane keep and traffic aware cruise. FSD included nav on autopilot, auto lane change, self park, and summon. (with plans to add full autonomy in the future)

I lost the latter, Tesla doesn't seem to know why, but are working on adding it back on.

This happened to a friend of mine this week too. Tesla needed him to send them the invoice from their own site to prove that he bought it. What a complete pain. He bought it during the earlier discounted rate too, but Tesla support was able to get it back to his car today.

I’m not discounting that your missing something your supposed to have.

But if you bought it during the March sale wasn’t it EAP and FSD back then?

I’m not discounting that your missing something your supposed to have.

But if you bought it during the March sale wasn’t it EAP and FSD back then?
I purchased FSD for 2K option, having previously purchased EAP. FSD has never appeared on my account. The service manager I am working with on this just sent me the following:

"Not the best news, but news nonetheless today. I have been informed that there is a case for this issue that multiple customers are experiencing with their MyTesla accounts and the FSD status. We are filling the information for all the affected accounts and currently investigating the solution. At this point I have been informed there is no fix but you are on the list when the issue is resolved to receive that resolution."

Seems pretty pathetic that they can't get this figured out.

Last edited:
It's most likely a known bug if you have on 2019.16 version and have Sentry Mode on. Just disable sentry mode from the App before you get in the car, and Autopilot will be back. Alternatively, do a hard reboot (not the scroll wheel reboot).

Had the same thing happened to me when parking in a garage last weekend for few days. Turning off the sentry mode on App fixed it for me.

It's most likely a known bug if you have on 2019.16 version and have Sentry Mode on. Just disable sentry mode from the App before you get in the car, and Autopilot will be back. Alternatively, do a hard reboot (not the scroll wheel reboot).

Had the same thing happened to me when parking in a garage last weekend for few days. Turning off the sentry mode on App fixed it for me.

Unfortunately not the case for me. FSD has been completely removed from my account as if I never purchased it. If i go into my online account, I have he option to purchase it at $6k. They said I should have it back by the end of the week.

Just an FYI, no updates were installed before losing the FSD.

Thanks for the heads up. I too purchased FSD when it was deeply discounted. I just checked my account and FSD still shows but I printed a hard copy of the invoice just in case..

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I can still pull up the invoice proving I paid for it in my account, however it doesn't show that I actively have it and asks me to purchase it under the autopilot upgrades in the account->manage->shop.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I can still pull up the invoice proving I paid for it in my account, however it doesn't show that I actively have it and asks me to purchase it under the autopilot upgrades in the account->manage->shop.

When it removed the FSD option in your vehicle, it also must have 'reset' your FSD purchase too. Hence, its now asking you to purchase once again under your account. I don't think it's going to be an issue, just show your invoice to them & have it restored.

I don't have FSD, but I lost autopilot a few days ago while I was on vacation.

Apparently there's something going on with the interface between sentry mode and autopilot if the car isn't able to "sleep"

The tech told me to turn off sentry mode and then power the car off. wait 3 minutes then power back on. Autopilot reappeared.

I enabled the "don't turn on sentry mode while at home" option and now I have autopilot again.

worth a try to see if you're having a similar problem

Lost FSD as well and tried all the different temp fixes and still no luck. Telsa wants me to send them proof as well. Read on Reddit they are pushing 20.2.1 to fix this issue.

"Will you provide me with an invoice where it states you purchased the Full Self Driving, along with a screenshot of your financial institution showing that we took the amount for the Full Self Driving?"

I had the same problem last Friday & Saturday. I contacted support and they fixed it.
When FSD was disabled I lost things like NOA and auto lane change (since I went back to base AP, not EAP).
The lack of auto lane change is what I was missing the most.
I don't really use auto-park or summon so didn't miss those.

This was not just a glitch with the car. The "MyTesla" web site started offering the option to buy FSD again, so this was a total revert as if I had never bought it.
But it is correct now, and the feature is enabled again.