Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost FSD earlier this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have FSD, but I lost autopilot a few days ago while I was on vacation.
Apparently there's something going on with the interface between sentry mode and autopilot if the car isn't able to "sleep"
The tech told me to turn off sentry mode and then power the car off. wait 3 minutes then power back on. Autopilot reappeared.
I enabled the "don't turn on sentry mode while at home" option and now I have autopilot again.
worth a try to see if you're having a similar problem

That is a separate issue, and (confusingly) started happening around the same time. I had both problems recently.
The sentry-always-on/autopilot problem manifests as no lane lines showing on the screen, and none of the autopilot features work until you let the car go to sleep and wake back up again. (Possibly it helps by by rebooting the autopilot computer.) I think that was a 'bug' in the car software. (Maybe a slow memory leak and always-on-sentry never lets the autopilot computer reboot?)
The missing-FSD features problem shows up as features like NOA disappearing on the car, and Tesla web site offering to let you buy FSD again even though you had already bought it. That seems like a "backend database issue."
Maybe they are trying to clear out the accidental freeloaders that got FSD without paying for it. And their process was mistakenly deactivating some people that had paid for it.

Last edited:
I had the same problem last Friday & Saturday. I contacted support and they fixed it.
When FSD was disabled I lost things like NOA and auto lane change (since I went back to base AP, not EAP).
The lack of auto lane change is what I was missing the most.
I don't really use auto-park or summon so didn't miss those.

This was not just a glitch with the car. The "MyTesla" web site started offering the option to buy FSD again, so this was a total revert as if I had never bought it.
But it is correct now, and the feature is enabled again.

Yep, exact same thing for me. Lane change in AP is the only thing I missed. Had a 300 mile road trip saturday and taking it out of AP just to switch lanes was annoying, but realized that's really the only thing I use outside of the standard AP.

It's going on a week for me and it's still not fixed. I sent over the invoice and Tesla Friday and they said they are working on it.

Also lost all FSD features. Tried holding the 2 scrollwheels, holding the 2 scrollwheels with brake, turning off from menu, and OTA software update. FSD not back. FSD never disappeared from my account, but I saved out the invoice just in case. Made an appointment with Tesla (have some other stuff to fix). But yes, the only thing I really miss is lane change.

I was not sure where to post this but here goes. I purchased FSD back in Feb 2019 and it has been on my Tesla account page since but today it is gone. What is the best way to get a hold of Tesla? I called 888-518-3752 but no luck getting any answers with their automated system. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
upload_2020-2-1_9-22-40.png

I was not sure where to post this but here goes. I purchased FSD back in Feb 2019 and it has been on my Tesla account page since but today it is gone. What is the best way to get a hold of Tesla? I called 888-518-3752 but no luck getting any answers with their automated system. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

My FSD isn't showing on my account page either. I checked the "upgrades" section on the App and it still says "You have all of the eligible upgrades"...

Reactions: daver6640
My account has been fixed as well. My FSD has been missing for several months and I first noticed when I went to double check I had the lifetime Premium Connectivity.

I’ve chatted with Tesla several times over a few months asking to get my account fixed. At one time after buying FSD it was correct, but months later noticed it had reverted back to just EAP. Each time I spoke to Tesla about it they said they could see it was fine on their end and put in a request to their web team to look at the issue. I was assured I wasn’t losing my place in line for the hardware update. I was thinking they were upgrading their software and everything didn’t migrate properly but just my guess.

So glad to see everyone’s posts tonight and delighted my FSD is back in my account. Since I’m HW2.5 I was getting nervous I would be forgotten about getting the updated hardware.

Last edited:
And here when I accidentally purchased FSD early last year, at least a dozen different Tesla reps said that it was impossible to remove (tied to the vehicle config / vin) ...

FSD was never actually removed from people's car info because a number of Tesla employees at different levels of the company including Store, could see my account on their internal screens and see that it was on there, it just wasn't visible from my end on the web. I know they've been changing their internal software so attribute it to that -- where something coded into the car info just didn't get passed to the owner's view of details, that's all. Not unlike when staff could see your VIN before it would appear in your account when you were buying your car. I suspect certain things are fixed in the account so accidental changes to pertinent info and features can't be altered.

I bought a Tesla 2018 S 75R from a dealership in November 2019. It was sold having Autopilot and Free Unlimited Supercharging. I even called Tesla to confirm, prior to purchasing, if these two two items transferred to the new owner. I was put on a brief hold, where I am sure the rep asked someone else, and they came back on the phone and told me yes they did transfer to the new owner. So, I completed the sale. I went to the Tesla Service Center last week for some warranty work and again was told Autopilot was included after I started hearing some chatter about them taking it away from 3rd party purchases. On Wednesday (12 Feb) I finally got the phone app approval I had been waiting for months to get., even had to go to the Tesla Service Center where they had to get involved just a few weeks early, because Tesla blew me off with the on-line car transfer application process. Then just yesterday, I find out the Autopilot had been removed when driving the car and trying to engage it. I contacted Tesla and they attempted to shake me down for $3K, if I wanted the Basic Autopilot back. They also told me I don''t get the Unlimited Supercharging either, so a double whammy. I am so pissed, I can barely talk about it without getting extremely upset. Talk about wrecking the brand with this idiotic and unjust policy. I'm seriously considering getting rid of the car now as these features are what I really liked.

Owners don't know that these items don't transfer on the sale of their vehicle, just look at the forum sales where people have this as a selling item. I hope there were attorney's reading this nonsense by Tesla and are compiling a Class Action Lawsuit.