Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m at two strikes as well. Both strikes were on the freeway using the old AP stack, which is frustrating. I need to remember switch to my non-FSD beta profile while on the freeway.

Looking down toward console/screen or down to the right seems to trigger the attention warning within 3-5 seconds.

I get the need to monitor the driver while on AP and especially on the beta This is what the NHTSA has been harping on and it shows Tesla is serious.

But there should be a better system to redeem oneself and removing strikes perhaps by driving a certain number of miles on AP without a warning. If you are kicked out, bring back the safety score and force you to start over and get a 100 again.

Losing it possibly until it comes out of beta is a pretty severe penalty.

I am still on 10.5 and re-calibrated my cameras. After several miles of driving over a couple of days, 10-5 was working again. Wonder if re-booting your screen or cameras would help with 10-6 problems.

Handlebars
I also re-calibrated my cams ... and it took 5 days to complete!!! So I lost 5 days of FSD. Note: I was having problems when I shifted into reverse and the backup cam was not worked (just showed black in the display). Tesla service replaced the backup cam & all harnesses. Just know that it might just take a long time for calibration to complete.

Reactions: K5TRX
Where can you see how many strikes you have? I can't find it in the FSD configuration window (I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere). I've never received an dunning email (yet) so I may not have one.
It looks like this:

20211201_102738.jpg

I think a car (in early FSD beta) acting unpredictably is far more dangerous than a car where FSD is acting as intended.

I think the interesting question (for post beta) is how can Tesla deny you the use of a feature that you've paid for even if you've acted (in Tesla's estimation) irresponsibly?

But, all the Beta testers know it acts unpredictably.

When I drove normally I use a single hand most of the time, and I'm pretty relaxed.

When I use FSD Beta I have two hands on the steering wheel and I'm hyper alert. About the only distraction is hitting the stupid button to report things, but that's always after I deactivated it.

It reminds me fairly on a once or twice daily rate of a sudden twerk of the steering wheel that it will ruin my day if I'm not quick to grip. There really isn't even a need for driver monitoring.

As it gets better and those twerks and other behaviors become a thing of the past I'll unconsciously get comfortable. The two hands will go back to one hands, and my hyper alertness will be replaced with thinking about cookies.

If the car is smart it will wait for that moment to do something dumb, and then its crash boom bang.

I think the interesting question (for post beta) is how can Tesla deny you the use of a feature that you've paid for even if you've acted (in Tesla's estimation) irresponsibly?
You know early access FSD Beta is a privilege. Not a right.

Everyone who paid for it will get FSD (beta) when it goes from early access only to general access (in a year or two, IMO).

I think a car (in early FSD beta) acting unpredictably is far more dangerous than a car where FSD is acting as intended.

Similar to how you can get kicked outa da club for having too much to drink: on your butt

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
OP here,So yeah no email, putting her to sleep doesn't work AP still works BUT I have noted Nag is more often. I found talking on speaker phone (holding in my hand) seems to trigger blue flash and keep hands on wheel much more often. Didn't do this during FSD if you are wondering. SO... I covered inside camera and the nags have reverted to the 1 minute no input on wheel mode. The message did say feature would be restored in an update but that's it. Currently, I am on VER 2021.36.8.8 and I have just said F it I am back to driving regular style, no more babying, leaving V8's at the light, catching up to wannabes around tight corners and the like. When Tesla catches up to GMC and we can drive hands free I may try again. At this point it is just a novelty and my neighbors will be glad I am not "creeping forward" to make a left hand turn with the rapidly spinning the wheel back and forth while cars line up behind me, and don't get me started on round-a-bouts. I have 2 3's love the cars, just not ready for Babysitting a 2 ton baby that is ADHD and acts like an undiagnosed bipolar ex-wife. Love you all and thx for the suggestions. keep me informed of the progress and I will advise if anything changes on my end.
Arnie

Everyone who paid for it will get FSD (beta) when it goes from early access only to general access (in a year or two, IMO).

That answer is avoiding the question. :)

Tesla will most definitely deny people the use of a feature they paid for if Tesla feels as if they use it irresponsibly.

What we don't know is what length of time the penalty will be.

If I exceed 80mph I get kicked out of AP for the duration of the drive.

During the FSD Beta period there will likely be times where people are allowed back after improvements are made to the DMS, and adjustments are made to the sensitivity and rules of the strikeout.

I want them to let me transfer it, even for a $3000k fee. Some sort of discount.
There was a time where I would have accepted linking paid FSD subs to a profile and it being active in any eligible car you sign into (you could use it in loaners, rentals, anywhere in the world you can drive a Tesla)

But now I just want my money back since it’s apparent that this will be in closed/highly selective beta for years to come.

Reactions: joenathan and des16
AP is still in beta. I doubt FSD will get out of beta this decade.

But when they do, it will be truly hands free, minds free.
That may be true, but I don't think that changes the analysis per se. At some point, Tesla (and other car manufacturers) will have to decide what is the appropriate "punishment" (if any) for people who it knows (via cameras in the car) are using the company's technology inappropriately. Whereas now, during this beta phase, the company can suspend the driver's privilege of utilizing the beta technology, it will be interesting to see whether Tesla (and other car manufacturers) attempt to mitigate their potential liability by suspending use or completely stripping use of software that a driver has paid for.

For what it's worth, I don't think we will ever get to the point where it is truly hands free, mind free. Whether it's via nags or multiple cameras in the car, manufacturers are going to take steps to reduce their legal exposure (and it wouldn't surprise me to see legislation requiring
driver monitoring cameras as the technology becomes more commonplace).

That may be true, but I don't think that changes the analysis per se. At some point, Tesla (and other car manufacturers) will have to decide what is the appropriate "punishment" (if any) for people who it knows (via cameras in the car) are using the company's technology inappropriately.
Couple of things to consider
- Its a long way away, so NHTSA may actually have some guidance / rule by then
- If its truly robotaxi level, Tesla may just say touch the wheel only to take over and drive manually