Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The autonomous, $25,000 Tesla will have no steering wheel or pedals, per Elon. He's now forcing managers out who don't want to follow his orders. Had that been the case before, the Model 3 wouldn't have had a steering wheel. Of course, that might have increased the urgency to finish FSD or bankrupted the company.

Elon. He's now forcing managers out who don't want to follow his orders
He has also said many times that he can be wrong. So basically he's saying immediately act on a decision whether it's to do the ask or explain why it's wrong. It doesn't seem unreasonable to keep things moving instead of dragging out something that will likely cause delays elsewhere.

Reactions: Ruffles
As usual - the media hides the actual story going for sensational / click-bait headline. Did you fall for the click-bait or did you not read ?

His second email detailed the three steps managers should take when they're sent directions. Musk told them to reply and explain why what he said was incorrect since he could occasionally be "plain wrong," to ask for clarification, or to execute the directions because "if none of the above are done, that manager will be asked to resign immediately."​
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the email. Every CEO would say the same thing. Managers should not just ignore CEOs directions, like some would like to do to escape doing the hard thing.

protip : Use better sources than "business insider".

ps :

1639074913863.png

Last edited:
Reactions: K5TRX and Ruffles
As usual - the media hides the actual story going for sensational / click-bait headline. Did you fall for the click-bait or did you not read ?

His second email detailed the three steps managers should take when they're sent directions. Musk told them to reply and explain why what he said was incorrect since he could occasionally be "plain wrong," to ask for clarification, or to execute the directions because "if none of the above are done, that manager will be asked to resign immediately."​
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the email. Every CEO would say the same thing. Managers should not just ignore CEOs directions, like some would like to do to escape doing the hard thing.
Like I said this is all kind of obvious, so you have to wonder what precipitated such an email at this time.

A manager did ignore Musk's instructions when designing the Model 3.

Like I said this is all kind of obvious, so you have to wonder what precipitated such an email at this time.

Do you / have you worked in large companies. Mid-level managers try to avoid hard work / unpleasantness by just ignoring directions and hoping nobody will notice. I don't know how many times ex-CEO of Microsoft told people to get moving or be fired - and yet they would just ignore him.

I have not worked for a large company, but I am a CEO, and it would never occur to me, out of the blue, to issue a blanket email like this. If I had an issue with someone, I would deal with them directly. This makes it sound like there is a pervasive problem, or he's giving a heads up.

Maurer makes it sound like Elon was going to fire managers if they didn't let people listen to music. Sounds excessive.

So Yeah, after a few weeks of testing and various errors I lost accessI took A long trip and I believe it was because I started reporting every false brake activation. Since installation I kept getting Blue flash, Pay attention to the road, when I am looking right at it and a couple of cars turning right, being off the roadway and my car is still stopping, causing a back up behind me. So I would touch the accelerator and get red warning for the car off the roadway. I have had AP for 2 and a half years so I know how much input to put on wheel. I was in Jackson TN traffic I got the Red wheel of death with a notification FSD will be removed and restored in a later update. No appeals process or WTH did I do wrong? Hate I can no longer help the process but I do like the feel of AP better less braking. Anyone else have these issues?
Arnie
Thats unfortunate but can you tell us if/when you get let out of the penalty box? No-one seems to know if the DQ is permanent or just till the next release.

I got the message yesterday after a weird red wheel and takeover issue about 1 strike of 3 based on driving metrics. 2 more and I'm out I guess...which if fine. After this update, I'm cancelling FSD and obviously won't have access to Beta. Sub and FSD aren't worth $10/month nonetheless $213.99/mo...pays my CDD fees for my home for that amount of money, and what do I get in return? Hassles, bad FSD Beta/driving behaviors etc...no enjoyment driving the car anymore. Others can be Elon's guinea pig from now on. Self driving is a pipe dream.

I was really excited to get the beta but the safety score is so unpredictable no matter how well I drive. Proved it to myself with several resets so I could clear my history and see what behaviors it's reacting to.

But even if I had made it into the beta, reading your posts make me realize that driving for the safety score isn't the end of the torture, freaking out at every front end collision warning alone on an empty highway knowing what its doing to your score. Or potentially that it's gonna get you removed from the beta.

I purchased FSD not so much for myself but to be an example to say with my dollars that I support Tesla bringing Full Self Driving to their cars. It would have been cool to say I had the software now, to show it off to friends, but I am happier to go back to enjoying my car, driving it the way I was before the FSD button came into my life.

Reactions: LRCasey