Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost Interest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Impressive chunk of emotional and hyperbolic flaming there, D.E. You have invested alot of time and anger in that.
But, -I-, am "lashing out"?! Remember, I am not your ex-husband. (Whew)

It's a shame that your life is so evidently unhappy, but it is up to you to make the changes you don't want to make to fix it. To quote Ross Perot, "If you want someone to save you, you had better get up off your knees and save yourself, because no one else is going to."

And, you are not helping them. You will not understand why.

that-escalated-quickly3.gif

Not sure if I’m more distressed at losing your extensive knowledge base or the fact that Tesla service has gotten this bad. The latter is just a fact of life. This how it will be until owner focus returns. Why can’t Tesla go back to a more lexus ownership experience? Just how much $ would it take? I think I read Tesla had $16 billion in cash. I wonder just how far a billion would go to fix things.

Anyway good luck moving on (not sarcasm)!

While You as an uber qualified hi-potential might have your reason (saw it coming for quite some time), those images are disgusting and completely unnecessary.
Please remove them.
You do know that that "microcephalic" is actually an actress named Naomi Grossman, who is not a microcephalic, but plays the role in a popular TV show and requires hours of make-up to achieve that stunning look.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Oh darn, D.E. has given my posts multiple 👎. Now what am I going to do?

I will hand over the domain and database to someone who can demonstrate that they can wrangle httpd, php, and mediawiki. It obviously needs some repairs now but I don't care anymore.

I expect I will be taking legal action. I can't sell my car the way they've left it and they refuse a simple fix to a problem which they have caused.

That's all I will say except, avoid Cameron. He is uneducated and impetuous.

PS - Thank you Dad. I will never be the man you were but I wouldn't have wanted any other dad. Some day I will finish your page.

Sorry to hear about this. It seems quite a few long timers have become discouraged. Not a good trend.

I do know a service tech can make all the difference in the world. When I got my MCU2 upgraded, the tech didn’t check anything when he was done and I had to have service look at my car 3 times before it was all good.

Issue 1: AP and TACC didn’t work. Required another software update.
Issue 2: USB ports were not plugged in.
Issue 3: hazard button wasn’t plugged in.

They were nice but not thorough.

Now when I was just there for them to fix a rattle noise up front, this new tech was EXTREMELY thorough. Road with me to hear the noise, gave me updates on the part and even checked his work with me after it was complete. The worker makes all the difference in the world. As they say, good help is hard to find. I more than made sure that Tesla needs to learn from this tech and have everyone spend a little more time with the customer to make sure the completed work is satisfactory.

So what’s going on here? Rooter has chosen to label me emotional and uneducated, seemingly without a shred of evidence for either. There’s a saying about arguing with a fool so I proceed full well knowing where this may go.

Since we’re short on facts let’s speculate a bit. That should be OK, Rooter is happy to speculate. Following links in his posts there are indeed interesting things to find.

It seems he is active in the salvage Tesla world, where a totaled Tesla is rebuilt at home then there are attempts to try to get Tesla to support the Frankensteinian rebuild. Tesla generally wants nothing to do with these kludged builds. Insurance companies have paid for the losses on the original damaged cars then these cars are sold for scrap and parts. Along comes Mr. educated who buys a couple of these wrecks and puts together the seemingly good parts from each and makes for himself a fine car. Except it isn’t a fine car. The electronics still identify this rebuild as a salvage car. Then the soldering starts. Lots of wires are soldered in trying to defeat the identification process to try to defeat Tesla’s identification of the rebuild as salvage and return the car to the ranks of the functional Teslas.

This becomes a frustrating process for the rebuilder. Tesla has an interest in keeping these rebuilds out of the supercharging network. Tesla isn’t forthcoming with helpful information. Tesla isn’t interested in supporting these builds in their service centers. They are seen as potentially dangerous to personnel and equipment.

Here’s a support picture from Rooter’s site. I don’t know if this is typical but I can see why Tesla avoids supporting these cars.

So I see both sides. Rooter is frustrated. He wants support from Tesla. He doesn’t get it so he vents here. He doesn’t give us the facts, they don’t support his position, he’s angry so he lashes out, at Tesla, their employees, and anyone else he sees as not as supportive as he likes.

This will likely be my last post in this thread. I expect backlash, more personal attacks, more self serving drivel. If he has facts to offer we can address those, otherwise I’m done.
The confederates are the losing side buddy, dont be that guy. #EndRacism

So what’s going on here? Rooter has chosen to label me emotional and uneducated, seemingly without a shred of evidence for either. There’s a saying about arguing with a fool so I proceed full well knowing where this may go.

Since we’re short on facts let’s speculate a bit. That should be OK, Rooter is happy to speculate. Following links in his posts there are indeed interesting things to find.

It seems he is active in the salvage Tesla world, where a totaled Tesla is rebuilt at home then there are attempts to try to get Tesla to support the Frankensteinian rebuild. Tesla generally wants nothing to do with these kludged builds. Insurance companies have paid for the losses on the original damaged cars then these cars are sold for scrap and parts. Along comes Mr. educated who buys a couple of these wrecks and puts together the seemingly good parts from each and makes for himself a fine car. Except it isn’t a fine car. The electronics still identify this rebuild as a salvage car. Then the soldering starts. Lots of wires are soldered in trying to defeat the identification process to try to defeat Tesla’s identification of the rebuild as salvage and return the car to the ranks of the functional Teslas.

This becomes a frustrating process for the rebuilder. Tesla has an interest in keeping these rebuilds out of the supercharging network. Tesla isn’t forthcoming with helpful information. Tesla isn’t interested in supporting these builds in their service centers. They are seen as potentially dangerous to personnel and equipment.

Here’s a support picture from Rooter’s site. I don’t know if this is typical but I can see why Tesla avoids supporting these cars.

So I see both sides. Rooter is frustrated. He wants support from Tesla. He doesn’t get it so he vents here. He doesn’t give us the facts, they don’t support his position, he’s angry so he lashes out, at Tesla, their employees, and anyone else he sees as not as supportive as he likes.

This will likely be my last post in this thread. I expect backlash, more personal attacks, more self serving drivel. If he has facts to offer we can address those, otherwise I’m done.

At this point, in my experience with Tesla since 2013 as an early adopting owner, over nearly 10 years of learning...

I'd put any amount of money on the fact that you will encounter the same "straw-meet-broken-back" experience at some point in your Tesla ownership. It is literally only a matter of time, and possibly the type of person you are, as to how Tesla will #$@* you and how you will respond.

Although rooter believes me to be some sort of hidden mod out to get him, I do appreciate his contributions to the rooting and salvage ownership community. I've been off Tesla's network for many years and do everything I can to avoid them, they are an awful ownership and customer service nightmare. And soon they won't be the only shiny EV on the block anymore.

Cameron absolutely will not take a simple measure which I'd explained in detail to his boss, Service Manager Nick. This was all I asked -- it is something that's rigged so only they can do it, and it fell out of a mandatory Service Bulletin they'd done on the car, carelessly. Also they'd wedged me into the MCU2 upgrade by making false claims, but trying to get along I agreed. Now they make a preposterous claim for the cause of the problem. Most customers would not recognize all these tricks; they have no idea who I am nor the resources I have.

So now a lawsuit it has to be since I can not sell the car like this and nobody can fix it except a Tesla SC. Breach of contract and deceptive trade practices under the WA CPA for the value of the car, and potential treble damages.

Saddening. Cameron has emotionally taken against me from the beginning and Nick backs him up, against all business and technical logic. They look at me in my work clothes and high-viz jacket and think I am a lowly tradesman; I'm from Texas and believe it is always best when they underestimate you. And maybe it is for the best since those like Cameron need some high-level visibility and recognition, for the benefit of future customers.

This is how it has to be. Car dealers are not exactly popular with jurors.

Not sure most OEMs will do factory authorized warranty work on salvage title vehicles.

Cyber Truck will come with a rolling shutter type security cover to protect items in the bed when deployed.

Cyber Truck will not be overly subject to spinning out as it has a centered low mounted battery, as opposed to typical pickups with a heavy engine in the front. It also comes standard with all wheel drive plus electronic stability control.

" they have no idea who I am nor the resources I have." Self absorbed?

"They look at me in my work clothes and high-viz jacket and think I am a lowly tradesman;" Most Americans do not look down on Trades People. They are the foundation of our Country.

Think I know where OP is coming from. Not pretty.

I've finally lost interest in Tesla after a terrible experience at ...
I've joined that camp as well. While I haven't had a really terrible experience (yet) there are plenty of red flags that others have mentioned: lack of communication, reducing vehicles' performance or removing features post-sale, and a lack of repair resources (parts availability, diagnostic tools) have driven me away, at least for now.

I'm not flush with enough cash to comfortably afford the depreciation of a new Model S every 4 years, so I'm planning to take delivery of an F150 Lightning next year. No, it's not as technically advanced as a Tesla in battery/powertrain, but its range and power will be "good enough" and I'll be able to purchase most parts and fix most of it myself after the bumper to bumper warranty runs out.

lack of communication

It's a shame because this is such a simple problem to fix. All Tesla needs to do is set up a centralized national call center who will answer phones when people call to provide assistance and more importantly empathy. If you man the call center with 1-2 staff members per state (or ratio-driven based on sales) who are familiar with the local service centers, you are talking somewhere between 100-200 employees needed for the U.S. and would provide a ton a goodwill with customers.

The biggest complaint that people have with Tesla service is that they can't get a hold of anyone on the phone. I know in Elon's mind it makes more sense to do everything through the app but there are some people who just want an actual person to talk to.

Unfortunately, it's clear that this is not a priority for Tesla and like others have said - it will come back to haunt them in a few years when there are viable market alternatives.

Last edited:
Mods have deleted a reply to my most recent post. I would ask, Why? The reason is because a certain mod here works for Tesla. It's no secret.

And I find that that D.E. et al have been trying furiously to get through to Tesla to warn them about me, to no avail since most channels are cut off, lol. Not to worry, I've explained everything to Service Manager Nick today. Being a reasonable and business-oriented man he listened politely to my rehashing of all the deceptive actions of Cameron which he was for the most part witness to, however nevertheless he backs him unequivocally. Fair enough. I am naming Cameron in the lawsuit, in addition to Tesla, as he is the actual problem here.

I asked Service Manager Nick why he hasn't submitted this issue to Tesla Legal yet as he said he would, and he laughed that I actually knew this. I told him that it is time to.

Mods have deleted a reply to my most recent post. I would ask, Why? The reason is because a certain mod here works for Tesla. It's no secret.

And I am confident that D.E. et al have been trying furiously to get through to Tesla to warn them about me, to no avail since most channels are cut off, lol. Not to worry, I've explained everything to Service Manager Nick today. Being a reasonable and business-oriented man he listened politely to my rehashing of all the deceptive actions of Cameron which he was for the most part witness to, however nevertheless he backs him unequivocally. Fair enough. I am naming Cameron in the lawsuit, in addition to Tesla, as he is the actual problem here.

I asked Service Manager Nick why he hasn't submitted this issue to Tesla Legal yet, and he laughed that I actually knew this. I told him that it is time to.
You “might” be referring to my reply. I deleted it. And I’m not a mod. I deleted it because I thought some may think it was a bit gratuitous.

So I’ll repost. It appears Tesla needs to be corrected in this situation. Good luck with your lawsuit.

It's a shame because this is such a simple problem to fix. All Tesla needs to do is set up a centralized national call center who will answer phones when people call to provide assistance and more importantly empathy. If you man the call center with 1-2 staff members per state (or ratio-driven based on sales) who are familiar with the local service centers, you are talking somewhere between 100-200 employees needed for the U.S. and would provide a ton a goodwill with customers.

The biggest complaint that people have with Tesla service is that they can't get a hold of anyone on the phone. I know in Elon's mind it makes more sense to do everything through the app but there are some people who just want an actual person to talk to.

Unfortunately, it's clear that this is not a priority for Tesla and like others have said - it will come back to haunt them in a few years when there are viable market alternatives.
I'd prefer to talk to a person, especially for an expensive luxury vehicle, but at the least they need to expand their service. I could get an appointment quickly when I purchased my car 2 years ago. Now I have to wait 3 weeks and drive further out to reach an available SC. Responses via the app, if you get one, take about a day.

Clearly Tesla has a "take it or leave it" attitude these days, and they're betting most people will take it, but some won't. As long as they keep growing I don't think they'll make any effort to fix this problem.

If parts and troubleshooting were easier to come by, I wouldn't care about dealing with the SC. I've never had a dealership fix any of my cars before so it was a non-issue if they were all crooks. With Tesla, your repair options are incredibly limited and they're now all lousy unless you live near one of the very few 3rd party shops. Hopefully the influx of 3s that will start to come out of warranty next year will encourage more to crop up. Perhaps I'll buy another Tesla if that happens.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I like having the documentation in the app, TBH. But it would be nice if they could respond quicker to initial requests.
Personally, I prefer mobile techs and apps/text messaging to service centers and phone calls. That said, there are just some instances where messages in an app will not suffice. These usually tend to be larger issues and to leave people with larger issues out in the cold w/o any possible solution is just going to assure that those who fall into this description look for a car by ANY other manufacturer as soon as they are available.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
Cameron absolutely will not take a simple measure which I'd explained in detail to his boss, Service Manager Nick. This was all I asked -- it is something that's rigged so only they can do it, and it fell out of a mandatory Service Bulletin they'd done on the car, carelessly. Also they'd wedged me into the MCU2 upgrade by making false claims, but trying to get along I agreed. Now they make a preposterous claim for the cause of the problem.
I'm still curious what the issue actually is? Does it relate to the vehicle being a repaired salvage vehicle?

So now a lawsuit it has to be since I can not sell the car like this and nobody can fix it except a Tesla SC
So not even @Ingineer or @wk057 could fix it? That just makes me more curious as to what is going on.