Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost Interest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies to Mods. Thanks for clarifying SO16.

MP3Mike I'd like to answer but can't blunt the upcoming action. It's why I've been so oblique, apologies. I've been expecting it to come to this. Although surprisingly the Lynnwood SC hasn't discovered this thread, Tesla knows about it. My email is where you might expect.

And I don't trust either Ingineer nor the WhizKid. They have both taken and taken from me, never reciprocating. They are dishonest and mercenary, and neither deserves support. There are several open-sourcers who do, like appleguru and ce2078.

Reactions: FlatSix911
My email is where you might expect.

4a76d73a-b092-4d24-b76c-b42f8a2aa25a.png

Sorry - couldn't resist. :)

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
So the suit is almost drawn up. Seems that under WA Law, that Gross Negligence also applies. Tesla, Inc and Cameron Hino are defendants.

I went to the Lynnwood dealership Friday... and the service advisors always covertly IM Service Manager Nick when I arrive, and so he kindly comes down with his Assistant SM Cameron (as a witness, along with the cameras) to see me. I advised him that a lawsuit is about to be filed and "there will be no do-overs. That that is all I have to say."

He laughed heartily and said, "Noted", and Ieft. I had expected no less. He doesn't care.

Oh, Tesla is popular, but nevertheless it is an auto dealership. And auto dealerships are not necessarily popular with juries, especially when they behave pro forma.

As much as I hate litigation and the overreach in most uses of it, Tesla could use some good lawsuits to get their poop in a group. They regularly push the limits of decency and acceptability w/o regard. Maybe getting the courts involved will force them to change their tune if they think they can keep screwing people over w/o repercussion because... earth. I don't know the complete details of your situation but I wish you nothing but the best as some of the things I've read from you echo the same BS I've experienced. The fanbois will defend it but it's unacceptable no matter how you slice it. I have a feeling Tesla is in for lots of this moving forward given their complete abandonment of all things service.

What are YOU referring to? I have taken my car in for service, I even have another appointment this month. Is it only a certain location that you experienced an inability to get your car serviced? Do they not provide a way for you to get home? What are you talking about "their complete abandonment of all things service"?

Now that my Model 3 is out of warranty I am going to need to pay for my service, so I will be very interested in everything they charge me for. I'll be looking for garages that can service my car better and cheaper than Tesla can at their "dealerships"

What are YOU referring to? I have taken my car in for service, I even have another appointment this month. Is it only a certain location that you experienced an inability to get your car serviced? Do they not provide a way for you to get home? What are you talking about "their complete abandonment of all things service"?

Now that my Model 3 is out of warranty I am going to need to pay for my service, so I will be very interested in everything they charge me for. I'll be looking for garages that can service my car better and cheaper than Tesla can at their "dealerships"
I assume you're talking to me with this since your quote seems to be one of my sentences even though you didn't quote my entire post so I'll reply based on this assumption:

If you compare the state of Tesla's service nationally to several years ago you will see what I'm talking about if you have no idea. If my post strikes you as odd, do some searching and you will see that my experience isn't the exception but the rule. It's the service model handed down from the top as evidenced by the removal of the customer-facing phone number among many other examples. My problems aren't with one service center but four total that I've used in this immediate region as well as other random events I've experienced across many (seven, now) different cars and various issues.

You must be not paying attention to the many threads that document abysmal customer service provided by Tesla in the last few years. ;)
In the early days of the Model S/X, the situation was quite a bit different... now they are understaffed and indifferent to customer concerns.

Perhaps I am not paying attention because none of my Tesla owning friends have complained about anything. I was kinda bummed that I never was able to get a loaner Model X, but I got to drive a Model S while my Model 3 was being worked on a few times, and it's not great that they no longer loan you a Tesla while yours is in repair, but instead of having my car out of my hands for a few weeks one time, now they have it back to me the same day. They even call an Uber for me, while my old car dealership would make me wait until the one car they had was back and there was enough customer's to fill their van to get me home. Considering the things they can remove in order to save money that they can then spend on things I do car about they have been pretty smart.

It would be nice if there was a Genius Bar where you could come in and ask any questions or even a phone number, but the cars are really dead simple and if you are actually stranded you can call and talk to people, and if you are not stranded you can make a service appointment right on your phone. And a Tesla share holder this makes me happy.

I get it if they have to replace your battery out of warranty it's expensive, and, no, I don't really have the finances to afford that sort of repair, but the numbers of people having issues like that are very low. Would be nice if they would absorb that cost, as expensive as it is, considering how few there are, but perhaps they are trying to avoid setting a precedence, in case GM like bad news is in the future.

Honestly, Rooter, reading through this thread, I thought you were a bit of a douche. Having read further, I’m glad you’re moving forward with the lawsuit.

Hopefully your added pressure will make it easier for the rest of us in the future.

Thanks.

Reactions: FlatSix911