Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost Internet (oh, WIFI won't connect either)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've had my car a week now. We had no internet connection this morning on the way to school. WTF? Our phones worked fine and had all kinds of connection. The APP won't connect to the car either (which makes sense)

To make matters worse, I also can't seem to get the car to connect to the house's WIFI either - although we see it (with 2 of 4 bars) and have entered the passcode several times.

Is there a way to reset the internet connection? I refreshed the big screen this morning (for the first time) and that did nothing. Thanks for your input and help.

So I've had my car a week now. We had no internet connection this morning on the way to school. WTF? Our phones worked fine and had all kinds of connection. The APP won't connect to the car either (which makes sense)

To make matters worse, I also can't seem to get the car to connect to the house's WIFI either - although we see it (with 2 of 4 bars) and have entered the passcode several times.

Is there a way to reset the internet connection? I refreshed the big screen this morning (for the first time) and that did nothing. Thanks for your input and help.

I had the internet connection go out on me this morning too. I did the reset and it took a little longer than normal (maybe 3-4 minutes), but eventually came back and was working again. Not sure why the reset did not work for you. :/

Reactions: chriSharek
I had the internet connection go out on me this morning too. I did the reset and it took a little longer than normal (maybe 3-4 minutes), but eventually came back and was working again. Not sure why the reset did not work for you. :/

When you say "the reset" - are you talking about the main screen reset? That's what I did.

Is there another reset (other than the driver's screen reset)?