TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lost Key

Discussion in 'Model S' started by aollivierre, Jan 28, 2019.

1. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

well it happen. I lost of one my keys.

Need help.

Can I buy a used key and reprogram myself?

Should I do anything do deactivate the old key?

And if I can’t buy a used key, how much is a new key?

Hey Elon, we need trackers or an ability to find keys via our app.

2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

No, you can't program it yourself.

Ask Tesla.

That's what Tiles are for.

When you have the second fob, take both to the SC and they will program them. They have to do both at the same time.

3. murphyS90D

murphyS90D Member

Programming does not modify the key. The key's identity is recorded into the car's key memory.

4. Russell

Russell Supporting Member

When they program your new fobs to the car, they will purge the old fobs from the memory.

• Like x 1