Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost my navigator yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move.

It starts off non Tesla-related, but it gets there.....I'll try to be brief.

8 1/2 years ago, I met a girl who had just adopted a dog. We had a Cavalier and a moped between us for transport. That dog decided we should be together and we agreed, so we've been together ever since.

That dog was so smart, he would watch what we were doing, and always made jokes that he was learning to drive.

Jobs changed, our home changed, our income changed, and in December, I took delivery of a CPO S. I let him sit in the seat while I used Summon. HE WAS DRIVING!! HE WAS LIVING HIS DREAM!!!

He loved going for car rides in that car more than any of the others we'd had along the way. Chill mode and low regen made it so easy for him to stand up in the back, compared to an ICE.

Two weeks ago, he developed a respiratory infection. He fought so hard, but last night, we had to say goodbye to that little boy who brought so much joy into our lives.

Here he is helping me navigate, and one of him sitting in the driver's seat.

I love the car.....but I'd give it back in a second to be able to go on one more ride with him.
IMG_20171217_132816874_HDR.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180203171511927_COVER (1).jpg

Thanks everyone. 5 years ago, we got him a sister to keep him company. She gets motion sickness, and isn't very good in any car, except the Tesla. We did our 1200 mile Christmas road trip this year, and she didn't ruin a single dog bed.

She'll never have the love of car rides her brother had, but she at least doesn't fear the experience any more.

• Love
Reactions: dreamwave6
As you can see by my avatar we have a beagle that we treasure. He is the best dog we’ve ever had and he is a therapy dog for us after losing our son. These guys become wonderful family members.
We are very sorry for your loss
It is sad that we outlive our pets but the joy that they bring is truly a gift

As you can see by my avatar we have a beagle that we treasure. He is the best dog we’ve ever had and he is a therapy dog for us after losing our son. These guys become wonderful family members.
We are very sorry for your loss
It is sad that we outlive our pets but the joy that they bring is truly a gift

Your sweet boy could be a twin to our little girl. She is just as heartbroken. The last she saw of him was me snatching him up and running out to the vet ER. That was NOT the last ride I envisioned taking him on......

She's been staring out into the yard, and doing all of the things that would antagonize him (sitting in all his favorite spots, etc), and just being generally mopey.

I think today, her and I are going to set off on an adventure somewhere he's never been, so we can try to build some memories that involve only her, until we are strong enough to go back to some of his favorite places.

I'll let her navigate.

• Love
Reactions: kavyboy and Xenius