Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost My Tool Pouch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

Unfortunately, I think I lost my tool pouch with the lug bolt adapter and screw driver. I do have the wheel lock key though. Stupidly, I think I left it on the back hatch and drove off.

First off, does anyone have a spare pouch and tools? If not, where can I get just the lug bolt adapter?

Thanks,

Henry

Hey All,

Unfortunately, I think I lost my tool pouch with the lug bolt adapter and screw driver. I do have the wheel lock key though. Stupidly, I think I left it on the back hatch and drove off.

First off, does anyone have a spare pouch and tools? If not, where can I get just the lug bolt adapter?

Thanks,

Henry

Time to place a "TILE" on my pouch.

If I were you I would drive back and canvas the area.

May be superfluous but did you check under the mat in the trunk?

it is hard to loose something in the roadster but I could not find my pouch when Tesla had correctly put it there after the annual service....

it is hard to loose something in the roadster but I could not find my pouch when Tesla had correctly put it there after the annual service....

i could be wrong, but thought Hankum has a 1.5. the tool pouch doesn't fit under the mat with the original CF trunk box.

I have the CF trunk in my 2.0 and it doesn't fit even though my manual says it should :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have 1.5 VIN 33 and I fit the tool pouch into one of the slots underneath the mat. I have to wrap the tools tightly and extend the catch past the point of snapping it. I should also say that it just barely fits, and may be slightly pushing up on the mat.

I have 1.5 VIN 33 and I fit the tool pouch into one of the slots underneath the mat. I have to wrap the tools tightly and extend the catch past the point of snapping it. I should also say that it just barely fits, and may be slightly pushing up on the mat.

yeah, i tried putting it under there and didn't do the tight wrap thing and the mat was askew so I just have it stuck with the velcro in the corner.

the plastic, flocked trunk also fits the fix-a-flat can under there! i wonder if the trunk bottom extends lower or there's incrementally less room above the mat.

Time to place a "TILE" on my pouch.

If I were you I would drive back and canvas the area.
Yeah, already did that... no luck.

Not there. I had just used it, because I just removed my wheel locks.

i could be wrong, but thought Hankum has a 1.5. the tool pouch doesn't fit under the mat with the original CF trunk box.

I have the CF trunk in my 2.0 and it doesn't fit even though my manual says it should :rolleyes:
Yeah, I've got a 1.5... as stated above, I know it is not in there.

It would have been nice to keep everything original... guess I'll check with Gruber tomorrow and see what they have.

Thanks everyone.

Never one to fear showing my ignorance, what's a "tuner key?" I know there's a wheel lock in the pouch and a socket that goes over the wheel lugs to remove them, but tuner key? Not familiar with that term.

if you have a socket & normal hexagonal lug bolts, then the original "tuner" bolts were switched out.

The tuner bolts have an 8-point recess to insert the tuner key. You then put a normal socket on the key to tighten / loosen

For visuals https://www.amazon.com/14x1-5-Chrome-14mmx1-50-Thread-Pieces/dp/B01A089ELM