Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost my UK content on LTE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Certainly when I spoke to Tesla remote via the app they were insistent that the NL coverage was the norm for uk cars. I put them right on that one by linking various posts on here and the touk fb threads on it. Tesla did make my sim content uk native somehow and all is now as it should be in the uk. Regardless of benefits of nl netflix or YouTube it messed with my ocd and I wanted it restored to uk content. As it was before they replaced my connectivity board.

I did ask that they ensure their procedures were updated to include the region check on board swap out, as to whether they do or don’t (I’d guess the latter) I can’t comment.

Even thought of contacting kpn myself to request the change but I’m not sure they’d talk direct to me as I don’t technically have a kpn account.

Just keep on at Tesla remote. I think the guys are pretty good really once you get through the triage, script reading and stock reply stage.

Excuse the noob ignorance, but where would i find this? The app service request provides no options outside of visiting a SC and i cant seem any other methods via the app itself.
I’m a noob myself but when you raise the service request it’ll be triaged by a team and they text you where the issue may be resolved by their remote team. I had several conversations with Tesla Remote. I had to email [email protected] with some pictures at that stage too.

Perhaps I’m not explaining it well, just raise the service request via the app and if it’s fixable remotely the remote team will deal via text and email and resolve the issue. I’ve found it pretty good actually.

Reactions: M4Q1889
I’m a noob myself but when you raise the service request it’ll be triaged by a team and they text you where the issue may be resolved by their remote team. I had several conversations with Tesla Remote. I had to email [email protected] with some pictures at that stage too.

Perhaps I’m not explaining it well, just raise the service request via the app and if it’s fixable remotely the remote team will deal via text and email and resolve the issue. I’ve found it pretty good actually.

Perfect answer, thanks.

I was wondering if anyone had any progress with this. My 3 LR had the UK based IP address but my new Y is back on the Dutch IP address. I'd love to get it moved back.

Nothing! Logged a service call and received texts from tesla Leeds. They advised what was known already (Dutch SIM) and said to access Uk content connect to Wi-Fi. I queried the point of premium connectivity if this was the solution and they asked for some more details about the issue. Directed them to this thread as well as others that i found (with the same/similar issues) and the response was

“Good afternoon. Thank you for your service request.

Cellular connection in your Tesla is provided by a Dutch company (as I can see you are aware) and hence the connection and content defaults to Dutch.

Recently a provisioning mechanism has been put in place to migrate vehicles to native content. This is being rolled out in the UK so some vehicles may already have this.

This is not a fault with the vehicle and the improvements are not controlled at a service centre level.

In time your vehicle will be migrated too, though there is no time line currently available.

Please let me know if I can assist further, otherwise would you be happy for me to close the appointment next?

Kind regards,
Rob. Tesla Leeds.”

I recommend that you all make point of complaining to your Service Centre. When this happened before there were lots of complaints and eventually the esims were changed. As I pay for premium connectivity I would be seriously pi**ed off if I was stuck on a NL sim.

For those who are members of (or thinking of joining) Tesla Owners UK, I wonder if it's worth trying to get them involved in this issue - particularly if it's becoming widespread. They claim that they have some escalation paths within Tesla (presumably as a result of being the official owners club?)