Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost my Unlimited Free Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a Tesla Model 3 Performance which I purchased in 2018. I also got the Performance Package and Free Unlimited Supercharging with a Referral code.
So, after the purchase the Performance Package was refunded, actually was a choice between getting Free Unlimited Supercharging or getting a 5k Refund. In my case, I already had the Supercharging due to my Referral code so I enter on a discussion with a Tesla representative (it was 2 years ago) saying that I am not choosing between the 2 options since I already had the Free Unlimited Supercharging so they agreed and gave me the 5k refund and I kept my Free Unlimited Supercharging.

Ok, everything is good, so this week of April 16 2020 I realized that my Free Unlimited Supercharging was Revoked. I contacted Tesla and they told me it is because I asked a refund years ago and they are removing my Supercharging now. I told them that we agreed before that it would not be removed and look at the last email they sent to me:

"Hi Jose,

Apologies for the delay, I have reviewed the program and your account in full. I do need to advise that your vehicle is correctly set at pay per use supercharging. Yes there were a few different situations in this offer but based on your account the only offer was to forfeit supercharging to receive the refund. I have confirmed this agreement between you and Tesla. This will not be altered, you have been able to enjoy some additional time with free charging and the reason the configuration continues to move back to pay per use is this is the correct configuration for your vehicle.

I understand this is not the resolution you were seeking, please know this has been reviewed by Tesla leadership and the decision stands, this will not be altered.

Angie T. | Referral Program Supervisor
12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020
www.tesla.com/support/referral-program"

Well, I am disappointed, really, I love my car, I really like Tesla but their costumer service SUCKS. I think they should do more for who bought their 100k cars.

Anyone had a similar situation then me? Could you share your experience? How can I escalate this problem?

Thanks!

Well if you have it in writing then fight it if they are not willing to entertain it. Deal is a deal it should be honoured and sometimes the only way to back this up is legal means. I would say if you are paying it on a lease, finance etc try the financial ombudsmen. They are great at opening lines of communication with car companies and bringing things to a resolve. Also you are only at a supervisor level there. Find a regional manager to show the correspondence too. If the PA will not put you through pretend to be the swimming pool guy it often gets you straight through the them. Last of all record your conversations for the explanation. Good luck and I am sure they will come to some decent resolve.

Reactions: Puddles and SlimJim
Well put it this way a family member had a problem with a Persimmons homes and some of you might know how that goes they build total crap. In the end you need to go to the top and unable to do so the mention to the PA about an issue with the pool got right through. Things got done soon after that. Get inventive with the people who are responsible can help. As long as you are fair at first.

OK color me dim but I am still having trouble constructing a conversation that might lead to success.

Us: Hi, I'm calling about the unlimited supercharging that you agreed to give me when I was refunded my FSD* fee? By the way, I am also the guy that services your boss' pool.

Them: Our decision is final, and my boss does not have a pool.

.......?

*performance package. Whatever.

The value of free, unlimited supercharging depends on you use case, of course. For me, it’s worth maybe $50 per year. I wouldn’t be bothered by such a trivial sum if I got a $5K refund in its stead. At $50/yr, $5K pays for 100 years of supercharging. That computation for your use case might put things in a different perspective.

(moderator note: This OP has not been on TMC in over a year (in fact, since the day of making this post), so there is unlikely to be any sort of post from them on this zombie thread. The situation was also very specific to them, and not something a lot of other people will encounter. Thus, I am locking this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.