TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lost paper under windshield close to serial number

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Kensiko, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

I don't need the small paper but I wanted to take it back without any luck, anyone else lost something there and found a way to get it back ?

2. benjiejr

benjiejr Technogeekextraordinaire

If I understand you correctly then yes, you can remove the dash. I've seen the rangers do it on mine. It is held down by several clips so that you can pop the dash off. Be very careful in the center over the touchscreen because the aluminum (?) edge on that spot tends to bend very easily.

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

My ParkCard slid down between the windscreen and the dash, never to be found again.

4. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Sounds like it's time for a superhero at deconstructing tesla's!:D

Calling

@Btr_ftw

5. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

Isn't there any sticky thing that could get there ?

6. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

I had this type of problem on every car I owned except my Mercedes. Either I was too paranoid and never let it happen on my MB, or it just sort of is something I learned with maturity. I wonder which. If it's maturity, I'll be fine with my new Tesla. If it's a design difference, I'll be displeased. I have dropped about a dozen things into the MB slot, and gotten them back, either because I intentionally put it there and knew it was long enough to grab, or accidentally dropped it and re-obtained it. But, I don't know how repeatable that is for the accidental drops.