Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost Phone *call* audio after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else experience this?

I have lost phone CALL audio - phone audio (i.e. Spotify, PocketCasts, etc) works fine. And I can INITIATE a call from the car, but neither side gets audio.

If I only lost audio, but the other party could hear me, I'd think I had something "muted" by accident, but it's just completely dead.

I have re-linked the BT connection, rebooted the phone and rebooted the car without success. Curious if anyone else has experienced this, otherwise need to open service ticket with Tesla. First observed a few days ago, fully confirmed with testing this w/e.

I recently installed an update and lost my radio stations I had programmed in. They were still listed but they would go into loading mode and never load. A two steering wheel reboot fixed the issue. Have you tried that for your call audio issue?

I recently installed an update and lost my radio stations I had programmed in. They were still listed but they would go into loading mode and never load. A two steering wheel reboot fixed the issue. Have you tried that for your call audio issue?
Press/hold 2 steering wheel buttons is a 'normal' reboot, yes, I did that. Not sure that "two steering wheel reboot" is - did you perform it twice?

I’m having a similar problem. I start a call and it’s fine for a few mins then the other party can no longer hear me. It’s like my phone is on mute. I can hear them fine. At the beginning of the call it’s fine but a few mins later it’s not.

happens a lot

This sounds like a regression on an old bug that's covered here:

Bluetooth problems on phone calls only

It was fixed for most of us months ago, but it may have re-appeared for some phones. I recommend you post information about your phone make and model and OS version to this thread (it's probably best not to resuscitate the old one), read the old thread for any tips and workarounds (there aren't many), and file a bug report with Tesla. Tesla used to have an e-mail address for this, but the last I heard, that was shut down. Now the best way, aside from the very limited "bug report" voice command in the car, is this customer support page on Tesla's Web site.

In terms of workarounds, as others have mentioned, resetting and rebooting the Bluetooth links, the phone, and the car might help, but didn't for most of us with the problem a few months back. Switching the phone's OS did help some of us who were running fully open-source Android variants, but that was a radical workaround, and not many of us tried. (It would also be useless for others who were using the phone manufacturer's OS.)