TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lost post due to login timeout and other problems

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by jaanton, Sep 17, 2012.

1. jaanton

jaanton Roadster NA #1026

Hey, Grrr... I lost a nice post due to login timing out. Logged back in and got the url...

Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

which was a blank page. Refresh - nothing.

Went to my profile to see if it was saved - nothing I could find, clicked on 'view articles' and it says 'you do not have permission to access this page.' Love it! Can't see my own articles.

Frustration high. Walk away. Best thing.

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

That link won't work out of context. "Articles" are a different feature which is turned off for normal users at the moment. You were making a "post". There is an auto-save feature or sorts, so maybe some of your post is still floating around.

Try going back to the thread, which from your link I can figure was here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10217-quot-Tesla-May-Need-To-Slow-Down-Electric-Vehicle-Production-quot . Click "Reply to Thread". In the bottom left corner of the editor box, you may see a button that says "Restore Auto-saved content". Click that. Hopefully there's still some of your post there.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

As a general tip, if you're doing a long typing session, copy it out to Notepad before you click Submit. It's a very common problem with web browser-based editing.