Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost Power Brakes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried it again after drying and cleaning. But not working. I am not proficient at soldering at chip level. Any recommendations? I will call Tesla service tomorrow to see if they have a pump for sale... I'm new to Tesla do they even have parts department? Unfortunately I am 55 miles away from the nearest location.
Thanks,
Eric

Send the board to Gruber. Send it to me, send it to someone who is comfortable at swapping components at chip level. I would say 50% of us are, Gruber May even have a component swap out for you. I’m not in Miami for another few months otherwise I would be closer. That chip is toast so it will never work as is

Reactions: erericic
My pump just went out Saturday. Luckily, I was very near home and live at the top of a hill -- easy to make it back to the garage.

From Plundy's pictures, it seems like the pump is below the driver's headlight. I'm hoping it's just wet from washing it, but after a day of sitting it still makes no noise. I checked fuse 22, but that's good. Is the procedure for getting the pump out pretty straightforward?

So pressure washing the gap between the panels also takes out the vacuum pump!! i will investigate tomorrow

DF7B0A98-0D27-4953-9B53-B3D4E952C200.jpeg

No, they drenched my road with solvent and tar. it was coated and took 3 hours to clean, they were meant to close the road but didn't bother because only 3 houses on my road. So my car was covered (I mean covered) with soft tar. So I had to wash it off immediately, the best thing I could do was spray the car down with adhesive/tar remover and blast it off and it got into the seams. It was disgusting and sticky, thankfully my car has a clear wrap on from new but it still took me hours and it's not all gone. I think I will be finding it for months but its off most of the car. The underside I don't want to think about. On top of that the road was now closed for the day and I run my battery down low so I had to find a public charger and hang out for 3 hours, thankfully the owner of my local hydro head office owned a roadster so there is still a 70A clipper creek charger. Exhausted and I have some optimism that I can take it apart and rescue it, if not I found out wiring it in reverse I can make it run continuous if need be. Or I'm hoping gruber has one that I can grab.

I don't use water at all any more after being converted by my detailer to use Griot's Garage spray-on products (Speed Shine for routine cleaning, Spray-On Car Wash for heavier cleaning) and wiping off with their microfiber cloths. I have not faced a cleanup problem as severe as the one you describe, though.

the problem with the pump is that tesla have sealed it with black silicone all the way around the control print and not just on top .then when water get in to print it can not get out at the bottom. so when you install a new pump just do not seal in the bottom of the cover to control print