Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost profile and settings on 2022.44.30 2020 Model 3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So something goofy happened today when I arrived home on my 2020 Model 3 LR.

My camera failed to turn on when I reversed, so I decided to do the common two-button reset. However once the car had rebooted all my profile and settings were resetted as if a "hard reset" was prefered. I losted my profile, settings, noticed that the location of my car was at Palo Alto HC on Deer Creek, and unable to turn on my FSD visualization (Note: I did not purchase FSD), and my odometer is missing (all my mileage shows "dashes". A few moments later the car suggested to redownload the 2022.44.30 software. Completed the download and it did not help. Also out of warranty.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
After updating my car, all my settings were reset as well. Just happened today for Tesla v2022.44.30 on my M3. Had to manually readd all the settings. Not sure how to fix this. Also my mobile app is saying to enable mobile access to use the app but my Tesla already has this enabled. This sucks :(

Reactions: Snowball316
Here is an update from the service advisor.
72769.jpeg

2019 Model 3 - the screen got stuck when trying to trying to show rear camera (triggered manually) - car then showed "D" even though in park (essentially screen frozen) - so I rebooted the car with the two scroll wheels method (no foot on brake)

When it came back it lost all settings/profiles - interestingly wifi and bluetooth is OK but homelink completely gone - took me another hour to reprogram homelink (and the other cars as my garage opener only supports 6 devices) - real PIA. Not to mention the other 3 drivers have to still setup their profiles again

I hope this doesn't keep happening. I still only have autosteer - stop sign control, NOA and FSD Beta still not back yet - it saying now it has to download map data on WiFi

Software version 2022.44.30.10 (FSD Beta)

Wow, this must be something I guess. I just experienced this and found this thread. Did a reboot after my connectivity wouldn't connect at all. Came back up with all default settings and no profiles. When this happened to you guys, did your climate go full blast, then down low, back to full blast, then back down to low, and finally back again to full blast with temp set to LO?

on v2022.44

I had the same issue loading 2023.2.10 where I lost all of my settings and profiles. Autopilot did not function either. initially the rear camera did not come on when R was selected and the horn did not sound when locked. I scroll wheel reset and most worked again. These things should not happen and are very upsetting. For instance I used trip B to record my mileage since I owned the car and trip A for the mileage on either the summer or winter tires and these are gone. This is the first update that screwed up the car this way and I suppose I have been fortunate as others have had it happen.. I also had to go to the car to set the remote access for the App on my Iphone. I never remember ever doing that when I got the App for the first time. I think that Tesla should have a backup file with all the settings that one can access and restore when these idiotic things happen.

Hello @admin, could you kindly add "on 2022.44.30 2020 Model 3 LR" to the subject heading to thread.

(moderator note)

I just saw this request this morning while looking around and added this as requested. In the future, please use the report function (bottom left of each post) to report something when you want to get a moderators attention. This is a large website, most of the mods are volunteers, and even for me (who is likely here more than many other mods combined), I dont see everything in every thread.

Reactions: Snowball316
Dang. Add me to the list. This bug (hard reset to factory settings) happened to me last night around 10:30pm. Went into my garage to mess around and opened the driver’s side door and that is when it happened (the display screen went blank/dark and then I saw the Tesla logo appear a few seconds later… which meant my vehicle was in the middle of a reboot/reset procedure). I didn’t do/touch anything other than open the driver’s side door. And, my vehicle was not attempting any type of software update.

My vehicle now believes it is still sitting in the parking lot of Tesla headquarters at 3500 Deer Creek Road in Palo Alto, CA.
And, of course, I lost all of my previous driver profile settings. I‘m currently on 2022.44.30.10 (FSDbeta 10.69.25.2).
Just submitted a service ticket and waiting for a reply…

Same here. Latest update wiped all my settings. The trip meters and kWh usage too - too bad not the odometer itself...
That NEVER happened before (in over 4 years).
Something new to get used to I guess...

Last edited:
This may be just a thought? Can not confirm, but what if Tesla is purging their software incrementally so we have a fresh operating system for a larger update ?
It is strange that this is happening to us and this is only documented to users on this forum.