Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost recent podcasts with v11?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David29

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
My 2015 Model S 70D finally was forced into version 11 of the software this week with the arrival of firmware version 2022.8.10.1. I have not yet explored it very much but I have taken a couple of trips. One thing I noticed is that I seem to have lost recent episodes of my favorite podcast, "Car Talk" from NPR. Two episodes are issued each week. When I clicked on the icon on the "Favorites/Recents" tab, I saw several episodes but all with June dates, none from July. Does this mean that the current/recent episodes are not being delivered? Do i have to search for the podcast again or something?
I did not get a chance to try other podcasts but I wonder if our "Favorites" are really not being kept current.
I was also disappointed that the screen only shows a limited number of episodes, whereas previously you could scroll down through 20 or 30 episodes, maybe more.

Thanks for any suggestions on this.

The next time I was in my car, I did a search for the podcast. I thought perhaps the old link was broken by the installation of the new software and that a search would create a new link. But although the search tool found the podcast, when I clicked on it the new list of episodes was even older than the one I had had! I wonder if there is any way to find out what streaming service in the tesla has which podcasts? Maybe this one is simply no longer being carried by any of our services...?
And now that I think of it, I found that several other podcasts were no longer working in my car, weeks ago, before I installed version 11. I had forgotten about that. I was able to find one or two of them by performing new searches, but some had simply disappeared. That is, pressing the icon did nothing.

The next time I was in my car, I did a search for the podcast. I thought perhaps the old link was broken by the installation of the new software and that a search would create a new link. But although the search tool found the podcast, when I clicked on it the new list of episodes was even older than the one I had had! I wonder if there is any way to find out what streaming service in the tesla has which podcasts? Maybe this one is simply no longer being carried by any of our services...?
And now that I think of it, I found that several other podcasts were no longer working in my car, weeks ago, before I installed version 11. I had forgotten about that. I was able to find one or two of them by performing new searches, but some had simply disappeared. That is, pressing the icon did nothing.
Eventually I discovered that the trick is to select TuneIn as the audio source, and the newest episodes appear under an icon specific to that source. Not sure why but I ended up with 2 or 3 separate icons for the same podcast, only one of which is current.