Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost Safety Score After Transferring Model S Plaid To 2nd Tesla Account - Can't Get It Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Issue with FSD beta and safety scores I’m hoping someone can help with. I picked up my new Model S Plaid on 12/31/21 which I had reserved at/on Tesla Battery Day when the Plaid+ was announced. Unfortunately when I reserved it, I did so very quickly(to get it in quickly) and used the wrong Tesla account (I have two accounts). After purchase, I activated FSD and my driver score appeared in the app. But I then transferred the Model S to my correct Tesla account. In the process, I lost my driving score in the app, and can’t get it to come back. I tried everything I can think of, soft resetting the car, upgrading the app, signing out and back in, deleting the app, opting out and then back in to FSD Beta, etc, and nothing has worked. I notified Tesla Support two weeks ago but they just said there are known bugs and weren’t much help. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you!

Everyone does it, I did it when my score was low and no problem.
Make sure you uncheck everything on the main screen.
Then drive a little slow someplace, reset the car, recheck all the checks and hopefully it pops back on your app.
Then be careful the 3 strikes lol

Last edited:
Interesting. I had no idea that was an option. When you say "reset the car" what do you mean exactly?
Just the soft double scroll wheel Reset i mean
tried this tonight. Did not work. Still no safety score in app. Opted out of FSD beta, took short drive. Put in park. Soft reset car. Opted in. Took another short drive. Still don’t show. Tried another soft reset. Force Quit and logged out of app. Nothing worked. Any other ideas or anything I’m doing wrong ?
Thank you!

This may be a stretch, but can you try to get someone at Tesla to double check the delivery status in their “backend” system now that it was transferred? I’m wondering if the attempt to change owner for the car has it stuck in some “not quite delivered/fully transferred owner” state. Here’s a post from a thread that may or may not be the same issue 🤷🏻‍♂️: Safety Score not reflecting any trips

Last edited:
Reactions: griffd
Thank you
This may be a stretch, but can you try to get someone at Tesla to double check the delivery status in their “backend” system now that it was transferred? I’m wondering if the attempt to change owner for the car has it stuck in some “not quite delivered/fully transferred owner” state. Here’s a post from a thread that may or may not be the same issue 🤷🏻‍♂️: Safety Score not reflecting any trips
THanks! I will give that a try.

Reactions: TresLA