TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lost the keys in Monterey, CA

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dub74, May 12, 2018.

1. dub74

dub74 New Member

Dear Tesla-owners!
    I’m the new member of Tesla car addicts having purchased from the insurance company Model X 90D car,colour-Silver Metallic. The happiness of the ownership of the car is clouded by the fact that the company that sold me it didn’t provide me the keys (that was discovered by me when I had received the car). The nearest Tesla Service Centre is located 1,000 Miles from my house, thus the easiest solution is to find the previous owner and try to get the keys from him, if they are still available. VIN no. is 5YJXCAE29GF030065. The car initially was bought by the first owner in December 2016 in Salinas, CA; later it was relocated to Monterey, CA.
    I kindly request the previous owner to contact me for the solution the question with keys or if anybody knows the owner to contact him/her and inform him/her on my request.I ask for help,If anybody from members of Tesla car addicts knows the owner of this car from Monterey, CA.

2. hly

hly Member

Did you take delivery of the car without the keys? And are you in Ukraine?

• Funny x 1
  3. dub74

dub74 New Member

4. bayarea_joe

bayarea_joe Member

Sounds fishy. The company who sold you the car should be responsible for providing you the key. How do you no know when you take delivery?

• Informative x 1
  5. dub74

dub74 New Member

The car is bought at an insurance auctionthey,so they are not responsible.

6. bayarea_joe

bayarea_joe Member

If it's legit, you may have better luck dealing with tesla trying to get you a spare. Have you successfully registered yourself as the rightful owner?

7. dethman

dethman Member

are you able to drive the car without the key? is it a salvage? can it be warrantied or serviced by tesla?

not sure if salvage even applies in the ukraine.