Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost Voice Command with 50.5 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else lose voice command with 50.5 update? It just doesn't want to respond to my voice commands no matter how loud or slowly I talk. It will work, but only about 1 out of 12-15 times!

Has anyone with an iPhone 6 been able to sync their phone to have messages read and sent through voice command? I can't sync mine no matter what I tried so I just gave up.

AP behavior hasn't improved like sudden slow down during interchanges or just during routine freeway drive with no vehicles in front or to the side!!

The 2 times that voice command did work, I tried to report bug and unlike in previous versions where it allowed you to report what the issue was, in this version it didn't allow that for me and just showed 'thanks for the feedback'.

Does anyone with Aug 2018 build have stops signs, etc show up on display with this update? I saw some M3 videos showing this feature with this update. No such luck in my MX!

I have FSD, but don't have the HW3 chip updated yet as some owners have reported getting that installed recently when they went to the SC for other issues.

I had a similar issue with voice commands when I updated to 50.1. I had to stop the dash cam and remove the USB then do a reboot. I also realized that the behavior of the voice input button has changed. It used to be that you had to press the button a second time when you were done speaking. When I did the second press it would cutoff my command. Try just waiting after you finish and not pressing the button a second time, if you were doing that.

• Informative
Reactions: bayx and Hebert
Did anyone else lose voice command with 50.5 update? It just doesn't want to respond to my voice commands no matter how loud or slowly I talk. It will work, but only about 1 out of 12-15 times!

Has anyone with an iPhone 6 been able to sync their phone to have messages read and sent through voice command? I can't sync mine no matter what I tried so I just gave up.

AP behavior hasn't improved like sudden slow down during interchanges or just during routine freeway drive with no vehicles in front or to the side!!

The 2 times that voice command did work, I tried to report bug and unlike in previous versions where it allowed you to report what the issue was, in this version it didn't allow that for me and just showed 'thanks for the feedback'.

Some folks say you need iOS 13.3 for messages to work and iPhone6 is not supported on iPhone6. iPhone6s is the oldest supported on iOS 13.3

• Informative
Reactions: bayx
50.7 for me improved voice command slightly, but it's by no means back to being normal. Hope they will fix it soon.

Has anyone who got the HW3 chip installed been able to see the stop signs, etc show up in the display? There were a few people who had it installed, but had some issues with beeping sounds I think. Hope those got fixed too!