Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost wedding ring under the passenger seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

the other day I was sitting on the passenger seat and removed my rings to put some hand cream and dropped the rings in the car.
Can't find them anywhere and I'm guessing they must be under the passenger seat.
Does anybody know how to reach the bottom of the seat without causing any damage?

I tried to move forward and up the seat and used camera flash to see but all I see is a lot of wires and no rings.
Anyone experienced this?

Thank you

There is a heating vent under there that has no cover that is exposed facing towards the back of the car. If you were in the passenger seat it seems unlikely but possible that it rolled into there. I know I got paranoid about these early on, having kids in the back, and put a vent cover over them to hopefully reduce this risk. You can see it by looking under the passenger seat from the back seat towards the center of the car.

I have no idea how you would validate that unfortunately, just my best guess based on what you described.

I know I have read some people having success recovering items that have dropped through a service appointment though it would obviously be ideal to know for sure before you were to book that.

Upvote 0