Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lots of issues with new delivered S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I have my S a little over 1 month now and in this month I already have found several issues.

1. The Airco pump vibrates a lot, you can feel a vibration in the steering wheel when it is on for a long time, switching it on and off will fix this for a while.
2. The back 2 Shock Absorbers have been replaced as there was a noise when the car was in High.
3. A window rubber has been replaced as it had a factory defect.
4. Yesterday the worst of all I was driving with my family back home, and suddenly a big noise coming from below the car, it seems that back bottom plate came lose from the car just after having it back from the Service for fixing 2 and 3. It seems it happens more often with cars comming back from service that this plate comes lose from the car.

I only have 2000 Miles on the car and had more issue with my Audi in 3 years time!

It sounds like 4. was just sloppiness on the part of service techs. 2 and 3 were fixed. All cars will have some issues IMO. You just happened to get one without any big ones in your Audi and you happened to get a few in your Tesla. As long as Tesla steps up to correct them, and hopefully make no more errors in doing so, then you should be okay.

Good luck. I hope the car lives up to what you hope it will be.

Ok, I have my S a little over 1 month now and in this month I already have found several issues.

1. The Airco pump vibrates a lot, you can feel a vibration in the steering wheel when it is on for a long time, switching it on and off will fix this for a while.

This is most likely to be an already-identified problem, though I'm surprised it's still happening in such a recent car. They need to put a noise-muffling cover on it, it's a standard retrofit. If that doesn't work, that means there's either something wrong with the installation of it, or something wrong with it. In any case, this should get fixed, it's a defect.

The good news is that all the problems I've had with my car have been factory-defect "teething issues", and this seems common. Get them all fixed and it will probably run without incident for a long time.