Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lots of Model 3 Newbie Questions- Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha!
I configured my M3 and I'm in the "waiting" zone for delivery. In the meantime, I'm trying to kill time by looking at after market accessories and planning on how to protect my new baby when she arrives. If anyone has thoughts on the following, I would appreciate your advice:

1) Recommended places for tint and some kind of coating on my car to cut down on scratches (the high school kids who park next to me seem to accidentally scratch cars a lot no matter how far away I park from other cars)
2) How do you wash your Tesla? Specific places or handwash only and if so, product recommendations?
3) Anyone with dogs have recommended products to keep car nice? I read car covers were "bad"? Safety-wise?
4) Recommend after market "must haves"?

1) Tint and clear wrap/Xpel - Jun's Tinting (Peter): I've used him 3 times and am always happy with his work. Comes to your house and works in your garage too so convenient. For Ceramic Coating (paint protector), i've used Shea's Auto Detailing (Kalihi) and recently used Auto Concierge at Ala Moana Center. Both are great but Auto Concierge a little more convenient to get to and stays open later.
2) Hand wash or waterless car wash. Use Griot's Car Wash and Tesla Chick waterless car wash.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DZT772/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Best Car Wash For Tesla - TeslaChick "Water-Optional" Wash
3) I use seat hammocks to cover seats and window covers for inside. For my ICE, but just ordered for my X too.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071WN8P1S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/NAC-ZAC-Prot...pID=41vRlnGpg7L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
4) Tesla or Weathertech All Weather Floor Mats

I agree re: tint from Jun's. He's done tint & Xpel on my X and did a fantastic job.

Take a look at the wireless charging replacements for the phone dock. There's a number of options available from various vendors. I'm considering either the evannex version or the Jedapad.

Aftermarket Must-Have: A Model S. :)
I was thinking an automatic car tent/Umbrella was a must have.
World's 1st All-in-One Automatic Car Tent -- Lanmodo
Lanmodo.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac
I thought you were kidding about this product, but nope, it exists! Hahahahaha Can you imagine showing up at the beach with this sucker? Awesome! Unfortunately, with the car payments I will be making for the next six years, the automatic umbrella won't be an option for me. LOL I would like a product that you push a button and the entire care is encased in bubble wrap! Kidding. Or am I? :)

I agree re: tint from Jun's. He's done tint & Xpel on my X and did a fantastic job.

Take a look at the wireless charging replacements for the phone dock. There's a number of options available from various vendors. I'm considering either the evannex version or the Jedapad.

I would love to use Peter, I just can't seem to reach him via Email. :) Tried a few times.

Reactions: RodF
I've used Al's Tinting in Aiea to tint and wrap my S, X and 3. Really happy with the quality of his work and his attention to detail. I think his prices are very competitive if not better. One thing he will not do is to tint/wrap outside his shop. He said he prefers to work in a controlled environment.

Here's some pics of my 3. I ordered basic black and wrapped it in Red Matte Metallic.
Model 3 in Matte Red 3.jpg
Model 3 in Matte Red.jpg
Model 3 in Matte Red 3.jpg
Model 3 in Matte Red.jpg

Thank you for the pictures, does Al's do Xpel or similar? I'm so confused on all these items. I just want to protect my M3 in a high-quality manner and since I pick up on Tuesday, I need something soon. I need tint and Xpel (or similar)...and Opticoat (or similar). Thank you for all your advice and patience with me.

I just talked to him and he said he does something very similar using a different brand. I don't know too much about Xpel and the like as I prefer vinyl wrap. One thing for sure, the vinyl wrap has spared me from costly paint jobs twice since I bought my X. With my kind of luck, I had my 3 wrapped right away You may call Al at 2264291..