TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lots of Roadsters on eBay right now

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by TEG, Sep 10, 2012.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

A snapshot of what I see today:

Attached Files:

2. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

At least the top three better be ready to negotiate heavily if they want to sell. With S hitting the street and quite a few years away from a having a collectible premium, I think we'll see Roadsters dropping a bit more in the future...

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Tesla also has a number of Roadsters coming off of lease right now - these are being offered under a 'certified used Roadster' program, with warranty.

4. strider

strider Active Member

Yeah, no surprise. I expected Roadster values to sag as people replace them w/ Model S plus the "lease a Roadster till your S is built" program will add a fair bit of supply. Should recover in a year or so as the market settles out.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Was also told that many car people (even the ones who regularly buy expensive ones) rotate stock every two or three years.

6. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

Bonnie - do you have any details about that certified Tesla / used Roadster program? If my current car lets its hamsters free before the X arrives, I'm hoping there's an option to move into the land of electric transportation ahead of the X :)

Asoka