Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Lots of Used Model 3's?

George75

Sep 23, 2019
Florida
I don't suppose anyone has noticed a certain large online car retailer (carvana) has a ton of used Model 3's in stock. Most with just a couple of hundred miles on them. Seems a healthy mix of Standard and Standard Plus. Every last one of them horrifically over priced at around $43,000+. Correct me if I'm wrong but are people buying these things, registering them then selling them just to to have the paperwork for the tax credit? Looks like that website is in the midst of a bubble. When it pops there might be a few deals to pick up.

Upvote 0

mreynolds767

Jul 11, 2019
Boston
I don't suppose anyone has noticed a certain large online car retailer (carvana) has a ton of used Model 3's in stock. Most with just a couple of hundred miles on them. Seems a healthy mix of Standard and Standard Plus. Every last one of them horrifically over priced at around $43,000+. Correct me if I'm wrong but are people buying these things, registering them then selling them just to to have the paperwork for the tax credit? Looks like that website is in the midst of a bubble. When it pops there might be a few deals to pick up.

Given how many 3’s have been sold in the US I don’t think the online inventory of used ones is that substantial

If Carvanna is paying enough I guess people would flip it for the tax rebate but in most states the sales tax would kill any profit from doing so

Reactions: George75

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC