TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lots of Used Model 3's?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by George75, Oct 15, 2019.

1. George75

George75 Member

I don't suppose anyone has noticed a certain large online car retailer (carvana) has a ton of used Model 3's in stock. Most with just a couple of hundred miles on them. Seems a healthy mix of Standard and Standard Plus. Every last one of them horrifically over priced at around $43,000+. Correct me if I'm wrong but are people buying these things, registering them then selling them just to to have the paperwork for the tax credit? Looks like that website is in the midst of a bubble. When it pops there might be a few deals to pick up.

2. luke68bird

luke68bird Member

Hope so, used Tesla is overpriced.

3. FielderJones

FielderJones Member

4. mreynolds767

mreynolds767 Member

Given how many 3’s have been sold in the US I don’t think the online inventory of used ones is that substantial

If Carvanna is paying enough I guess people would flip it for the tax rebate but in most states the sales tax would kill any profit from doing so

• Like x 1
  5. mreynolds767

mreynolds767 Member

• Funny x 4
  6. 19White3

19White3 Member

Just saw a bunch of used Model 3s pop up with less than 500 miles on them. I really wonder if Tesla is wholesaling them to Carvana or is Carvana just snapping them up on the website?

7. vickh

vickh Active Member

some toyota's are like that too. Good for us 3 owners.