Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lots of Used Model 3's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't suppose anyone has noticed a certain large online car retailer (carvana) has a ton of used Model 3's in stock. Most with just a couple of hundred miles on them. Seems a healthy mix of Standard and Standard Plus. Every last one of them horrifically over priced at around $43,000+. Correct me if I'm wrong but are people buying these things, registering them then selling them just to to have the paperwork for the tax credit? Looks like that website is in the midst of a bubble. When it pops there might be a few deals to pick up.

I don't suppose anyone has noticed a certain large online car retailer (carvana) has a ton of used Model 3's in stock. Most with just a couple of hundred miles on them. Seems a healthy mix of Standard and Standard Plus. Every last one of them horrifically over priced at around $43,000+. Correct me if I'm wrong but are people buying these things, registering them then selling them just to to have the paperwork for the tax credit? Looks like that website is in the midst of a bubble. When it pops there might be a few deals to pick up.

Given how many 3’s have been sold in the US I don’t think the online inventory of used ones is that substantial

If Carvanna is paying enough I guess people would flip it for the tax rebate but in most states the sales tax would kill any profit from doing so

Reactions: George75