Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lots of wiring questions (Homelink and the purple plug cable)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a new project fixing some stuff on a second Roadster with lots of cable issues in the dash area:

0. If anyone has a wiring diagram, I would love that. The service manual seems to assume that wires require no servicing. (Ha!)

1. Homelink cable: Does anyone know where the homelink cable goes or is there a general wiring diagram? Is there also a part number for this cable or ideally some other (non-Tesla) OEM cable that fits? I know the homelink module is an Audio/VW 8K0 907 410A H04. But where does the cable go on the other side (beneath the dash)? What plug is on that side? Any ideas as to plug name/number?

2. What is this? Another broken cable (on the far right - next to the passenger airbag (behind/underneath the right vent duct) ...
20220306_165823.jpg

3. Does anyone know where the radio cable goes? seems to be broken as well ...

4. Replace an atrocious and non-working Blaupunkt radio. Turns out the cable was gone/broken. Ordered a Metra 71-8901 reverse harness and generic ISO harness to fix. Let's hope that is it for that one.

Last edited:
The original antenna was just a wire that was tucked around the inside edge of the windshield, so it needed a booster. I never had any luck with that setup. I tried a flat style under the hood, but It always had interference when the car was on. There is no simple place to mount an external one, so I make do without broadcast radio.

• Helpful
Reactions: drewski