Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lotus Evija Hypercar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a 70kw battery, I don't think it's going to cut it.
Minus ~5kw for battery reserve, then minus the top and bottom 10%s for usability leaves you with approx 53kws. Working on their given 250miles off 70Kws, you'll be lucky to see 190 miles real world.
Apart from that, I wish them luck and good to see them in the mix (with a battery twice the size would be more like it)

With a 70kw battery, I don't think it's going to cut it.
Minus ~5kw for battery reserve, then minus the top and bottom 10%s for usability leaves you with approx 53kws. Working on their given 250miles off 70Kws, you'll be lucky to see 190 miles real world.
Apart from that, I wish them luck and good to see them in the mix (with a battery twice the size would be more like it)

Are you serious or trolling? 190 miles is excellent range.

A Chiron, which is the closest comparable car I can think of right now, gets around 100 miles on a tank of gas.

Four wheels, four motors, 1,971hp, and 2000kW output.

0-186mph in under 9 seconds :eek:

Who’s got $2.1 million?

The first all-new Lotus in years will be a 1,971hp electric car
The upcoming Tesla Roadster will likely compete favorably with this Lotus in almost any situation — and be much quicker to 60mph and go far farther on a single charge — and will do it at a small fraction of the price.

If this Lotus actually goes into production I’m sure they will instantly sell the 130 cars they say they will build, but the Roadster will sell in the thousands annually, I predict.

I am somewhat skeptical about the longevity of the Lotus battery if it actually turns out to be capable of taking an 800kW charge rate.

Last edited:
Beautiful looking car.
Relatively small battery will limit it somewhat as a road car, but remarkable power out of a 69kWh battery!
Sounds like it drives great .
Slowly we head towards a great roadster- I suspect Tesla will get there first.