Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud air conditioning. On auto, in south Florida, unit never seems to reach set temperature and so keeps blowing. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
69 is pretty low but for a data point…Tampa area with it commonly set to 83-74 auto. It. Lows hard when first getting in and settles within 5 minutes. 2019 so pre heat pump. Sounds like something may be amiss. Try a little warmer and see if the auto brings the cabin temp down.

The app lets you know the interior temp. Have a passenger check the interior temp in the app while driving and see how close you get.

Upvote 0
loud air conditioning in south Florida. Never seems to reach set temperature. So fan noise overpowers radio. I keep a/c on auto set at 69. Any suggestions?

See if it works in shaded area/night. If not, schedule service visit.

When I picked up MY we had ~104F for weeks. AC worked fine.

Remember it also cools the battery so make sure it works properly.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Upvote 0
Do you park outside?
Is Cabin Overheat Protection set to On?
Do you have a ceramic tint added to the windshield, other glass?
Do you use the Tesla app to precondition the Tesla vehicle for at least 5 minutes before driving?
Do you set Recirculate Cabin Air to On when driving? (The AC will not have to work as hard to cool the cabin if you turn this on; Voice Commands are "Recirculate cabin air" and "Fresh Air". Turn off Recirculate Cabin air when you arrive at your destination.)

Reactions: Deutsch100
Upvote 0
69 is pretty low but for a data point…Tampa area with it commonly set to 83-74 auto. It. Lows hard when first getting in and settles within 5 minutes. 2019 so pre heat pump. Sounds like something may be amiss. Try a little warmer and see if the auto brings the cabin temp down.

The app lets you know the interior temp. Have a passenger check the interior temp in the app while driving and see how close you get.
I have tried raising temperature but just at 70 mostly warm air and fan still strong. To hear radio the volume has to be raised considerably.

Upvote 0
I have tried raising temperature but just at 70 mostly warm air and fan still strong. To hear radio the volume has to be raised considerably
A loud fan is just what it is. Don’t expect maximum cooling at less than max fan speed when the interior is 140+ If the cabin does not settle down within about 10 minutes (check your Tesla app for interior temp while driving), then schedule service armed with that information.
What I wouldn’t do is just say….it doesn’t feel comfortable…as the SC has a history of declaring subjective issues with a “within spec” response.

Reactions: Deutsch100
Upvote 0
I notice when driving and facing the sun, I have to run the AC at 68ish. As soon as the sun is at our back in the same city and temperature, I can raise it to 72-74.

can’t wait for ceramic tint. Scheduled 10/16 by one of the top tinters in the Bay Area.
Wow...10/16? I picked up my new MYP on 8/15 and got one of our best shops here in L.A. to do full ceramic everywhere on 8/17.

10/16 is a long time to wait for something critically needed in the MY. The difference after ceramic tinting is immeasurable!

Upvote 0
Wow...10/16? I picked up my new MYP on 8/15 and got one of our best shops here in L.A. to do full ceramic everywhere on 8/17.

10/16 is a long time to wait for something critically needed in the MY. The difference after ceramic tinting is immeasurable!
Next time I’m in LA, I’ll hit them up. How much was your tint? Might be worth a drive down. :)

Rocky Mountain Window Tint in Livermore

Upvote 0