Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud buzzing from frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced an extremely loud buzzing noise (like a loud fan or compressor sound) coming from the frunk? I've had my car 5 months and this only started yesterday afternoon (temperature was 9C) and I could hear it from inside the cabin for a full 40 minute journey.

It's even louder this morning but the temperature is -3C. I also had the following warning today "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault", which may or may not be related.

It's even louder this morning but the temperature is -3C. I also had the following warning today "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault", which may or may not be related.

That's a very subtle message on HVAC screen that only shows when in park so very easy to miss.

I suspect it is either related, or highlights another similar issue. We had that (in our case non heatpump car) a couple of times that I noticed (possibly more, but as mentioned, not obvious) and in the end have temperature and humidity sensors replaced.

These sensors seem to be a bit of a common issue, especially it seems on heat pump cars which iirc had a recall for the sensors. It may be worth checking if your car is subject to a recall Tesla Service but irrespective, still worth logging a service concern.

Okay. Now I have no heating. Message says "Cabin climate control system requires service". This is my third problem with the car in 5 months of ownership (although the last one - one headlight not working - cleared itself after a few days)

Okay. Now I have no heating. Message says "Cabin climate control system requires service". This is my third problem with the car in 5 months of ownership (although the last one - one headlight not working - cleared itself after a few days)

Join the club with the many service requests, I managed 8 in the first 16 months. It's a normal part of ownership unfortunately.

With the message, you may find that after the car deep sleeps (locked, sentry mode off, don't load the app for over 10 minutes - through sometimes longer) you may find the heating works again temporarily. If so, repeating that sleep cycle is a workaround.

I had the same error, it was a humidity sensor, fixed in a few minutes at a service appointment.

Join the club with the many service requests, I managed 8 in the first 16 months. It's a normal part of ownership unfortunately.
With the message, you may find that after the car deep sleeps (locked, sentry mode off, don't load the app for over 10 minutes - through sometimes longer) you may find the heating works again temporarily. If so, repeating that sleep cycle is a workaround.

I had the same error, it was a humidity sensor, fixed in a few minutes at a service appointment.

Still no heating today, unfortunately. Hope it is a quick fix. Doesn't make me feel so great about what might go wrong when the car is out of warranty - or the effect on resale value if I don't keep it. For example, headlight fails and you need a whole new unit at a cost of something like £1200+.

Still no heating today, unfortunately. Hope it is a quick fix. Doesn't make me feel so great about what might go wrong when the car is out of warranty - or the effect on resale value if I don't keep it. For example, headlight fails and you need a whole new unit at a cost of something like £1200+.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it's sorted soon.

Most of the time it's a sensor fault. I had pressure sensors in the heat pump changed previously under warranty, but that fault didn't actually leave me without heating nor gave those error messages. It did make the heat pump run in a "default mode", which did make it noisy. That took a few hours for them to fix.

Funny you mention headlights, I've had both mine changed under warranty already as water got inside them.

Has anyone experienced an extremely loud buzzing noise (like a loud fan or compressor sound) coming from the frunk? I've had my car 5 months and this only started yesterday afternoon (temperature was 9C) and I could hear it from inside the cabin for a full 40 minute journey.

I have had this annoying rattle and buzzing sound coming from my former Model Y but lets hope the new system update will be able to give more information in scenarios like this.

This sounds like what I am experiencing with my Model 3. I don't recall hearing this last summer when we first got the car. You don't notice it inside the car but you can hear it from outside the car. You hear the normal "Whoosh" sound of the AC but underneath it is a like a whining/buzzing sound. I got charged $60 just for Tesla to look at it and say there's no issue