Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud buzzing related to A/C on start up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i’ve recently started to get very loud buzzing sounds when I first get in the car after a while away from it. Sounds like it is related to the A/C and it goes away after a few minutes or if I shut the AC off. I showed the video to the SC and the guy said it sounds normal but they’d take a look if I scheduled an appointment. Doesn't sound normal to me, but wanted to check if any others with this sound? Car is only a few months old from June 2019.

i’ve recently started to get very loud buzzing sounds when I first get in the car after a while away from it. Sounds like it is related to the A/C and it goes away after a few minutes or if I shut the AC off. I showed the video to the SC and the guy said it sounds normal but they’d take a look if I scheduled an appointment. Doesn't sound normal to me, but wanted to check if any others with this sound? Car is only a few months old from June 2019.

yes completely normal. there are dozens of other threads and posts about this. it is the compressor working in overdrive to acclimate the car temperature. if it bothers you, precondition the car via your app a few minutes before you plan on getting in the car.