Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud clicking noise from drivers door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are going to replace the hinge next week. It had to be ordered, then painted to match the car.

Did you have to take it in or was it mobile service? I wasn't sure what to select in the app when scheduling it so I put "noise or vibration" and described the problem.

I'm having the same problem. There is a "knocking" sound when opening and closing the driver's door. Did you get your car fixed?

• Love
Reactions: play150
Did you have to take it in or was it mobile service? I wasn't sure what to select in the app when scheduling it so I put "noise or vibration" and described the problem.

I'm having the same problem. There is a "knocking" sound when opening and closing the driver's door. Did you get your car fixed?

Yes, they replaced the hinge while the car was in my garage. No noise now.

Mobile service came to my house today to check it out. He said it's a plastic bushing in the door assembly, and it's a known issue now. Mine was the second he saw today, and he said they have replaced that part on hundreds of cars now. It's a relatively new issue, though. The older Model 3s don't have that problem. Mine is a July, 2019 build.

On my 2013 S the drivers door was popping and it was starting to annoy me. I scheduled a mobile service visit. They tried to lube it but noticed abnormal movement and ordered replacement hinges. They stated they would have to be painted after receiving them and would come back out and replace them in my driveway. I think it was the techs first time doing this type of repair. No problems now and it was fixed under CPO warranty.

I had a loud clicking noise caused by something else. At first, I thought the outer door panel was mishemmed/clinched. It turned out to be the mirror rubbing the top of the door. A good spray of wd40 cured it.