Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud clicking sound while braking- service center states its normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if I could get an opinion from the forum. I picked up my inventory MX 4 weeks ago and since pick up it has been making a distinct clicking sound while braking at low speeds. Happens 90 percent of the time. Loud enough to make pedestrians turn around at intersections. I took it to SC and was told that it's normal for a lower VIN car. Theh said it has something to do with old style bushings. This sound doesn't seen normal to me. I have attached a short video to demonstrate. You will hear 2 distinct clicks with braking if you watch the video. What do you think?

I was wondering if I could get an opinion from the forum. I picked up my inventory MX 4 weeks ago and since pick up it has been making a distinct clicking sound while braking at low speeds. Happens 90 percent of the time. Loud enough to make pedestrians turn around at intersections. I took it to SC and was told that it's normal for a lower VIN car. Theh said it has something to do with old style bushings. This sound doesn't seen normal to me. I have attached a short video to demonstrate. You will hear 2 distinct clicks with braking if you watch the video. What do you think?

Was this a CPO car? If not, it's not "lower VIN". I have a Signature model (definitely lower VIN) and it doesn't click while braking.

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl
This is definitely not normal. I have it on my X.

Had to take it to a different service center as the first one kept telling me it was normal. The tech was able to easily reproduce the noise by driving forward then backwards repeatedly in a parking lot. It was pretty evident something was either loose or sticking.

Latest update from the service center is that they are replacing all four brakes (pads and calipers apparently).

I will keep you posted.