Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud groaning sound from front end

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is 2 months new.
I only noticed this the other day because it's not really noticeable unless outside the car or inside with windows down and radio off.
If I turn the wheel to lock, in either direction, there is a loud groaning sound.
I've noticed no handling issues or anything.

Is this normal?

Have the same issue, slowing to a stop when turning into parking spots. Car delivered in December 2021. Did you ever get resolution? Tesla service told me it was “normal” after putting it on the rack

Have the same issue, slowing to a stop when turning into parking spots. Car delivered in December 2021. Did you ever get resolution? Tesla service told me it was “normal” after putting it on the rack
Hi there- I also experiencing the same issue on my brand new model Y with 30 miles, makes a groaning noise on the front brakes when slowing to a stop or parking spots only when its at a turn but doesn't happen when its going straight.. is this normal on new Tesla 3 / Ys? Did your's go away eventually ?

it sounds like what you are describing is brake noise from the new brakes taht are not broken in. When brakes are new they tend to groan until the pad and rotor are bedded. These cars typically get very little brake usage. I had the same issue for the first couple of months but it’s gone now (as the brakes wore in). You may have a different issue but it sounds very similar.