Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud noise coming from front right!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine does it since day one. Was declared "normal", further investigation shows there's a slow leak in the system (hence the pump is forced to work harder to fill it back up), but nobody wants to be bothered to look at it beyond the "we recalibrated the suspension and it should be better" (which admittedly did help for a few months).

Mine does it since day one. Was declared "normal", further investigation shows there's a slow leak in the system (hence the pump is forced to work harder to fill it back up), but nobody wants to be bothered to look at it beyond the "we recalibrated the suspension and it should be better" (which admittedly did help for a few months).
So you decided to live with a leak in the system?

So you decided to live with a leak in the system?
Well, there's no real way to force them to fix somethign they don't want to, is there? So it either needs to manifest itself in a more serious way or Tesla tech suddenly end up with a lot of free time on their hands so they can dive into such "unimportant" problems.

As is I have a lot more serious problems going unaddressed like squeaking and knocking in the steering somewhere when turning right that they cannot even find time to look at beyond initial acknowledgement that "yes, we can reproduce it and it sounds bad, we'll schedule you sometime soon" that happened about a year ago.

and if you log in and check the alerts, you'll see:
"TAS2_a240_airSpringLeak (hidden)","[no audience]","An air spring is detected to be leaking air","none"]
in every single one of them. note that "no audience"? They don't want even the service center to know. Same thing with the badevaporator temperature sensor that leads to non-functioning A/C in the summer - there IS an alert, but it's "silent", allows the service to confidently declare "we cannot reproduce the problem and nothing shows any trouble inside".

My “problem” might be different from yours that’s just air compressor making noise instead of air suspension that they tried to recalibrate in your case. These two are totally different.
We at least done find any issue with our MX suspension. Also, A/C has been working good for us even in summer in Vegas or Arizona area when we were there during road trip.

My “problem” might be different from yours that’s just air compressor making noise instead of air suspension that they tried to recalibrate in your case. These two are totally different
they are not. Basically the only problem (outside of the noise and the alert) I was able to demonstrate is if I let the car sleep for a few days front right corner would sag some. But you come to the car, wake it up (or via app) and the car would lift it back up. Often with the pump in overdrive to build up the pressure.
So they then claimed that my car was too high to begin with which is why the air pressure was being lost and did the recalibration.

We at least done find any issue with our MX suspension
Other than the pump working overdrive to replenish lost air pressure you mean? ;)

Also, A/C has been working good for us even in summer in Vegas or Arizona area when we were there during road trip.
This is great, not 100% of cars are affected but the sensor going bad is a pretty common problem, I heard, so just keep this in mind - should a problem develop where you barely get any airflow from the vents even as you put the A/C to 11 when it's hot (because it is getting kinda hot in the car) - that's the sensor going bad. You can find multiple reports of this here on the forum.

Reactions: FlyF4