Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud Pop and then no audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of ranting here, it helps to make a service appointment in the app, not with the intent to actually go there, but to describe the issue and writing down the date and time. With this info, The SC folks will pull the logs, helping to narrow down the issue. If it‘s not a known issue yet, they will forward it to the mothership. Or they report it as „customers in our region experience the issue too and X times“.

Nothing happens and nothing changes when everybody just keep their mouths shut.

In my past 6 years as a Tesla customer, my SC sent 3 of „my“ cases over to engineering (as they where not reported yet) and they actually fixed the issues in some later FW release.

Those cases where:
- Tunnel graphic wrong in Firmware v7 while driving through a tunnel.
- Re-gen „yellow line indicator“ display incorrect value in v8 in certain situations
- Bug with resetting the TPMS after wheel changes (when the Baolong sensors where replaced with Conti sensors“

Those were all corner-cases that required a couple of conditions to be true before the bug kicked in. Got missed during regular testing. Once I even got a goodie for helping. Tesla appreciates this as they cannot possibly test every conceivable and non-conceivable scenario.

i‘m glad Tesla is serious about fixing things in their Software. I‘ve had to put with annoying bugs in Mercedes and Audi cars which they never ever fixed. They have an attitude of „you buy the car as is and bye“. Software updates in those (my) cars focused on issues in motor-management etc. but Interface glitches or Navi bugs etc. never got fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: aesculus