Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud Pop and then no audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today while driving a weird thing happened. Heard a really loud pop and all audio stopped. No music , no radio no ding dong chimes not even turn signal sound everything stopped. Music was playing but no sound coming out. I was on NOA around 75mph and there was no change there, other than sound my car was functioning normally. Came home and did a reboot which fixed it. Did it happen to anyone before? My car is not even a month old ( 2020 LR) and I am worried.

Mine did it a couple weeks ago. Lost just the front speakers: rears were OK. Scroll wheel reset and it fixed the problem. But I usually lose LTE for a few hours after a scroll wheel reset (therefore no Navigation) so is certainly a drag when speakers pop like this: I have to decide whether speakers (do a reset) or LTE (don't dare do a reset) are more important.

Mine did it a couple weeks ago. Lost just the front speakers: rears were OK. Scroll wheel reset and it fixed the problem. But I usually lose LTE for a few hours after a scroll wheel reset (therefore no Navigation) so is certainly a drag when speakers pop like this: I have to decide whether speakers (do a reset) or LTE (don't dare do a reset) are more important.

Same here

I am bit relieved that its not just my car :p First i thought something hit us (like the hammer in a recent video with M3 lol ). Soon realized that everything else was normal. Good that reboot fixed it but there must be a reason behind that abnormal behavior. Root cause analysis of the bug ;-) Do service center guys check on these things if i ask them ? It would be easy to find the cause by looking into logs.

Do service center guys check on these things if i ask them ? It would be easy to find the cause by looking into logs.
Don't waste your time. I was sitting at a service center for a few hours one day and listened to two customer rant for about 20 minutes each to the service manager about how they should automatically be able to detect these sort of events etc. The service manager just let them rant with no statement of if or how they could do this.

Happened to me today as well. Music on, put on turn signal then a loud pop over the speakers, everything went silent, including the turn signal. I was about to park anyway so didn’t reset anything, the next time I drove everything was back to normal.

MX 2020, firmware 2019.40.50.7.
I saw one message on Facebook group as well. Well as other experienced members say.. better to ignore and expect that an update would fix this bug. Must be some edge case condition we dont know about. It creates little bit of distraction while driving though:)

It's a bug that's shown up in recent versions, just not sure which one... I can reproduce it when on BT audio during a conference call but it's also happened outside of that... It's extremely annoying and I'm concerned about the damage to my speakers long term but it's Tesla so the bug may go away and then it may come back... Tesla has zero software QC...

Jeff

Happened to me today as well. Music on, put on turn signal then a loud pop over the speakers, everything went silent, including the turn signal. I was about to park anyway so didn’t reset anything, the next time I drove everything was back to normal.

MX 2020, firmware 2019.40.50.7.

Me too. Happened yesterday. At first thought something hit the car. Parked car at restaurant when we got back all was fine. Crazy.

Today while driving a weird thing happened. Heard a really loud pop and all audio stopped. No music , no radio no ding dong chimes not even turn signal sound everything stopped. Music was playing but no sound coming out. I was on NOA around 75mph and there was no change there, other than sound my car was functioning normally. Came home and did a reboot which fixed it. Did it happen to anyone before? My car is not even a month old ( 2020 LR) and I am worried.
Had the same exact thing happen to my 1 month old MX yesterday. It was unnerving the whole drive home, just thinking that this cars' not even 1 month old and may need service. Then did a soft reset and audio was back. Will keep an eye on this thread and see if I need to get it checked out or not.