Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud pop from front dash speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was driving and heard a loud pop from front dash speaker. Both front door and dash speakers were inoperable while rear speakers were still working. Volume was only at 1/2 to 3/4 and all sound came back after a 2 button reset. Curios if anyone has experienced this or know what may have happened.

I had the same thing a few weeks ago. I immediately booked a service at local sc a week later. 2 days before the service day I suddenly realised that the speakers were all working just fine so cancelled the appointment. I can only assume something some frequency caused some kind of breaker to switch. Resetting the car fixed it.

K, I'm not the only one! Same thing. Pop and then I lost the entire front soundstage. I did a reboot and they came right back. No issues since. I assume it's a bug in the software that puts the amp into protection mode under certain circumstances.

I am having this same pop problem with model x. reset by holding both scroll buttons, and front speakers do come back. but the pop happened again 10 minutes later. The mobile tech guy told me the .40 software will fix this, but with .40 the problem still happens. I asked for another mobile service. Any having this problem reoccurring?

This happened to us last night with our Model X. This is a second time it's occurred and when it pops it sounds like something hit the roof of our car. Reset the computer and all is well. This is for sure a software issue that started a few weeks ago.

I am having this same pop problem with model x. reset by holding both scroll buttons, and front speakers do come back. but the pop happened again 10 minutes later. The mobile tech guy told me the .40 software will fix this, but with .40 the problem still happens. I asked for another mobile service. Any having this problem reoccurring?
It has only happened the one time back in early November. I'm currently on 40.2.1