Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud pop, Model 3 died?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
".Was the Right Body Control Module after all."

Earlier you/they said it was the left one.

So how many body control modules are there? Just a L and a R? Why are they split as such?

Yes I was going by what I was being told by the SC.. First it ws the rear motor, then it was the right body controller, then left body controller and then when I finally got their to pick it up, it was back to right body controller. Hence my frustrated tone in my posts...

Just wanted to give everyone an update. Everything was replace and I didn't notice any new nicks or scratches anywhere around the car after service, so I think it was a success!

On another note, when talking to my SC advisor I was pretty stern about the situation and was talking to him about getting what I paid for and wanting my car "whole" again (been in service 6 times in 6 months for various stuff).

I had a long standing service request for a new driver's seat because mine was shifting and moving whenever I stopped or started. They recognized a defect in my seat and said it would take 6 weeks to get approval from the mothership because its an expensive part ($6k). Well that was in November of last year...Much longer than 6 weeks, so I made this know to my advisor. He was kind of taken back and surprised and within 48 hours a new seat was delivered and I got it installed yesterday morning after another visit..STOKED! (although I found a small puncture on my interior door texture? anyone know how to remedy that?)

I wish SC's were more careful...I appreciate them but there is always a new scratch, knick or something when I get my car back..

Anyway, its crazy how different a brand new seat feels compared to a 6 month old seat, WOW!