Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Louisiana Citizens. Contact your State Senator now!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Louisiana owners/reservation holders/EV enthusiasts - short notice, I know. But if you could mark your calendars to be at the State Capitol by 5:30pm on Monday, it would be appreciated.

Members should be leaving around 6pm, so seeing a strong showing of owners is important. They may be swayed by lobbyists, but they know they don't get to keep their seat if constituents are unhappy with them.

I will have more information regarding location beforehand, so please check back. I'll post as soon as I receive.

(@Lsutiger -- please contact other owners / reservation holders / EV enthusiasts that you know in the area & see if they can also attend.)

Reactions: Pollux
I contacted Tesla to see if there was anything else that Louisiana citizens could do to help further. Here's part of the reply:

"Yes, the vote has been pushed until tomorrow. The emails are great, but the calls into Senate offices are really having a big impact—the more of those we can get, the better.

"They can either leave a message with the district office or the Senate switchboard letting them know they oppose HB 167 unless amended.

"The Senate switchboard number is 225-342-2040 and district offices numbers can be found here. Louisiana State Senate - Senators By Name"

So get on it! If you have facebook, post and ask people you know to make calls. Lobbyists can sway votes ... unless citizens speak up. Once they know you care, they will (sometimes) listen.

Best of luck.

• Love
Reactions: croman
"They can either leave a message with the district office or the Senate switchboard letting them know they oppose HB 167 unless amended.

So, how would one state how such an amendment should be worded in this instance? I must admit that I have sent an email stating my opposition to the bill, but I am unsure as to just how it stifles a Tesla Service Center (forever). I have read the bill but am unsure as to its content.