TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Louisiana Legislature passed bill outlawing Tesla

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by kbM3, Jun 1, 2017.

1. kbM3

kbM3 Member

Special interests managed to add an amendment to bill SB 107 in order to prevent Tesla from opening up sales centers in Louisiana.

Keep Tesla growing in Louisiana!

Any Louisiana residents should use the above link to notify Governor Edwards they wish him to veto this bill within the next four days.

2. riemannh

riemannh Member

<sarcasm>
    I disagree. I think that we should force Starbucks to franchise all of its shops.

In fact, any business should be required to end all vertical integration. E.g. Dell should sell only through Best Buy-like retailers, AT&T can sell inter-state communication, but local communication needs to be owned by smaller "franchisees", farm-stands should be illegal, etc.
    </sarcasm>

• Helpful x 1
  3. kbM3

kbM3 Member

Too funny!

In reality this stuff just makes me so sick. I do think the biggest problem in politics is that bribing politicians (i.e. lobbying) is legal.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Incredible Stone Age behavior by Louisiana legislators. But you can't stop the future forever...