Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Louisiana Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

We’re evidently headed into the heart of fossil fuel country in February, and it appears the closest supercharger to our destination is in Slidell, (2 hours away). Any suggestions besides not driving our Tesla and renting a car?

Check plugshare.com for destination chargers near where you're staying. Take you charging cable so that you can plug in to a 120V wall socket if you have to. The trickle charge can really add up. We've traveled around Louisiana and not had a bit of trouble in our S70 (240 mile range).
I'm curious, though, where your destination is in LA that's so far from a supercharger.

Check plugshare.com for destination chargers near where you're staying. Take you charging cable so that you can plug in to a 120V wall socket if you have to. The trickle charge can really add up. We've traveled around Louisiana and not had a bit of trouble in our S70 (240 mile range).
I'm curious, though, where your destination is in LA that's so far from a supercharger.
Have you heard of Opelousas?

Have you heard of Opelousas?
Sure, but I haven't stayed there.
You should be good for a round trip and lots to spare with a 100% fill up in Baton Rouge. That's one of my favorite stops - decent restaurants and a Trader Joe's right there, too, or just hang out under the pecan trees and wait.
If you're uneasy, a one-night stay and 90% top-off at the Holiday Inn destination charger in Eunice should make it worry-free.
The Nissan Dealership in Opelousas may also be an option if it's convenient to where you'll be anyway, but don't spend any time sitting around waiting for it (ever, really). It's within walking distance of a couple of motels.

Sure, but I haven't stayed there.
You should be good for a round trip and lots to spare with a 100% fill up in Baton Rouge. That's one of my favorite stops - decent restaurants and a Trader Joe's right there, too, or just hang out under the pecan trees and wait.
If you're uneasy, a one-night stay and 90% top-off at the Holiday Inn destination charger in Eunice should make it worry-free.
The Nissan Dealership in Opelousas may also be an option if it's convenient to where you'll be anyway, but don't spend any time sitting around waiting for it (ever, really). It's within walking distance of a couple of motels.
Ok, that sounds way more reassuring than Slidell. I missed Baton Rouge. Probably because it wasn’t on our route. Well, thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I’m so glad I inquired!