Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Louisiana Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I am very serious about purchasing a model 3 before the end of the year. There is just one thing that worries me. The nearest service center is Houston,TX. Is this something to consider a problem of owning a Tesla? Or am I just overthinking things?

What has been your experience with service on your Tesla if you had any?

Thanks in advance.

I live in Louisiana as well and took delivery of a model 3 in the past month. The distance from the service center does worry me, particularly after the car goes out of warranty. You can find the thread about the New Orleans service center which does seem to be progressing, albeit slower than we would like...

I live in Louisiana as well and took delivery of a model 3 in the past month. The distance from the service center does worry me, particularly after the car goes out of warranty. You can find the thread about the New Orleans service center which does seem to be progressing, albeit slower than we would like...
Yes I read that thread. It does seem to be moving into the right direction which would make my decision even easier.

Hello, I am very serious about purchasing a model 3 before the end of the year. There is just one thing that worries me. The nearest service center is Houston,TX. Is this something to consider a problem of owning a Tesla? Or am I just overthinking things?

What has been your experience with service on your Tesla if you had any?

Thanks in advance.

Pearl, MS is significantly closer than Houston to the Capital area. Also, Tesla has a mobile ranger stationed in New Orleans that services most of south Louisiana. This discussion becomes a moot point when they open the New Orleans service center, which I would expect in weeks to months. 3 new service centers surrounding Louisiana went online this past weekend (Tyler, Pearl, Pensacola).

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
Pearl, MS is significantly closer than Houston to the Capital area. Also, Tesla has a mobile ranger stationed in New Orleans that services most of south Louisiana. This discussion becomes a moot point when they open the New Orleans service center, which I would expect in weeks to months. 3 new service centers surrounding Louisiana went online this past weekend (Tyler, Pearl, Pensacola).
Welp, looks I should've done a little more research before I posted. That's great news! Pearl is two and a half hours away, which is like you said def closer. And also didn't know about the mobile ranger they stationed in Nola. That's a relief. Thanks for the info! Looking to order mine sometime this year.

The mobile service technicians is who repairs and services here in New Orleans. I’ve used them a couple of times to repair my Model X and also they did the two year service. If the work cannot be done at your home or work then they take the vehicle to a location to perform the service. They did that for the two year service. My 3 has yet to see them.

The mobile service technicians is who repairs and services here in New Orleans. I’ve used them a couple of times to repair my Model X and also they did the two year service. If the work cannot be done at your home or work then they take the vehicle to a location to perform the service. They did that for the two year service. My 3 has yet to see them.
Thanks for the info. Yall are making my decision very easy.

C9924E7D-086C-4E55-884F-554BDFE0885A.jpeg

Don’t worry about taking you car in for service, they will come to you. Most issues can be fixed with reboots or mobile service. In 58,000 miles, my 2016 S75 has only been on a lift for tire changes.

Reactions: SMAlset
I'm a new owner in Baton Rouge. Glad to hear that they are progressing on the service location in New Orleans.

I picked up my used (new to me) 2015 Model S 85D from a dealer in Atlanta and drove it home on Saturday. It was a smokin' deal as it only has 25K miles on it.

I'm absolutely floored by how amazing this car is. I find any excuse I can to drive it!

I
I am also interested in getting a TESLA. Did any of you own a Chevy Volt prior to the TESLA? I am interested in knowing if he Model 3 ror model S has more or less room (particular in the back seats) as compared to the Volt.
I owned a Gen 1 Volt so it was only a two seater in the back seat so not sure if you are trying to compare the latest version since I think they went to a bench seat. I went from the Volt to an S and now currently have a three. The S had a little more leg room than the three and both had more leg room that my gen 1 Volt but not by much. I can't say I've spent much time in the back and certainly for the drivers side its dependent as with any car on how tall the driver is.

I
I owned a Gen 1 Volt so it was only a two seater in the back seat so not sure if you are trying to compare the latest version since I think they went to a bench seat. I went from the Volt to an S and now currently have a three. The S had a little more leg room than the three and both had more leg room that my gen 1 Volt but not by much. I can't say I've spent much time in the back and certainly for the drivers side its dependent as with any car on how tall the driver is.

Thanks for your reply. I got to sit in a model 3 a day ago. It did seems to have a little more room than my Gen1 Volt, but as you state, not by much. Thanks again.

Anyone had any issues getting their Model 3 software updates in New Orleans? I'm still on V2019.20.4 (and set my update settings to Advanced to get the latest) but need 2019.24.4 released in July 2019 (which has support for the CHAdeMO adapter). Updates seem unpredictable and from what I have read, relate to the model and region one is in. I just moved here from CA, and will need to use public charging for a year while in a rental house. The nearest supercharger is 28 miles away in Slidell but there is one fast public CHAdeMO charger in town that I've found (unless anyone knows of others?).

While I'm on the topic, any news about the timing of the New Orleans Tesla Service Center (which should have charging too)? Seems like it has been over a year since it was announced but no news.

I connect to Wi-Fi and have had no issues with delayed updates. Was recently pushed 2019.28.3.1.
Well, my car is in a public parking garage most nights with no wifi. I parked it overnight in front of my rental place in the French Quarter after putting in a wifi extender which could reach the car and had no updates by the following day. I did a navigation data update over a personal hotspot link via my iPhone a few weeks earlier after having been notified when I turned on the car that there was a nav update to do (but have had no such notification for a firmware update in the month I have been here and none for at least a month before that in my prior state).

Hey guys/gals, I'm happy to make my first post here in a Louisiana thread.

Two weeks ago, I placed an order for a Model Y, but I ended up talking myself into getting the Model X instead. That order was done Monday evening. Soon, there will be a new MX cruising around Prairieville and Baton Rouge with the following configurations:
  • Model X Long Range Plus
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 20'' Two-Tone Slipstream Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Figured Ash Wood Décor
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Free Unlimited Supercharging