Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Louisiana Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the heads up. But no superchargers at their location? App still says Slidell is the closest (28 miles away).
That area doesn’t make much sense for a Supercharger. They have had one planned for New Orleans since Supercharging was a thing. My bet would be a Supercharger at Lakeside Shopping Center or Clearview. That would make it a lot easier to drive north towards McComb. It would also be nice to have a Supercharger on Hwy 90 connecting New Orleans to Lafayette via Morgan City.

Hey guys/gals, I'm happy to make my first post here in a Louisiana thread.

Two weeks ago, I placed an order for a Model Y, but I ended up talking myself into getting the Model X instead. That order was done Monday evening. Soon, there will be a new MX cruising around Prairieville and Baton Rouge with the following configurations:
  • Model X Long Range Plus
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 20'' Two-Tone Slipstream Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Figured Ash Wood Décor
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Free Unlimited Supercharging
Come back again. Many great things happening in the state. They just did the meetup at the new SC in lafayette. The FB group is very active.

Planning to visit NO at the end of March. Haven't been back since I graduated from college (pre-Katrina) so looking forward to it. Surprised to sees few Tesla destination charger opportunities and staying at a hotel in the Garden District that does not have ev charging. Guess if people need to charge they do so at the ev chargers at a couple of the downtown parking garages? If anyone has charging tips for NO please share!

Planning to visit NO at the end of March. Haven't been back since I graduated from college (pre-Katrina) so looking forward to it. Surprised to sees few Tesla destination charger opportunities and staying at a hotel in the Garden District that does not have ev charging. Guess if people need to charge they do so at the ev chargers at a couple of the downtown parking garages? If anyone has charging tips for NO please share!
Rouses grocery store on Baronne St has a CHAdeMO charger in the outside parking lot that is free to use. If you don't have an adapter there is one available at the front desk to borrow. The spot does get ICE'd so my recommendation is to get there early. There are two J2EE charges at Premium Parking - P373 at 650 O'Keefe on the 2nd floor if you are parking downtown for several hours. You just have to pay for parking.
Failing that if you need a charge there are several home options available on PlugShare, including mine, which is about 6 blocks away from Audobon Park if you get stuck.

Hi I am in Louisiana St Charles parish and I own a Model Y got delivered to my door 4/9/2020. I had my Homelink installed and the NOLA service center everything went great I also have a follow up appointment next week to address the normal Tesla QC stuff it seems. Just wanted to say HI I also applied to the Facebook group.

Reactions: Darmie and ZAKEEUS
Hi I am in Louisiana St Charles parish and I own a Model Y got delivered to my door 4/9/2020. I had my Homelink installed and the NOLA service center everything went great I also have a follow up appointment next week to address the normal Tesla QC stuff it seems. Just wanted to say HI I also applied to the Facebook group.
Welcome Tony. Lots of great stuff here on TMC and facebook group is fun too. We're in the Lake Charles area for now. Hope soon we can all get together before we leave the area. Would like to do a Tesla drive with the group somewhere.

Hey NOLA owners, I have a quick question.
Any of you heard of Lucas Auto Sales?
Used Tesla at Lucas Auto Sales Serving Marrero, LA
https://www.lucasautosales.com/
Seems to have a few sites and not sure if just an ecommerce fake.

Google Maps

This map they have linked, shows a site, but doesnt look from street view as a place of business holding the cars they have.
Curious if any of you have heard of this, or drive through this area at all?
6826 Lapalco Boulevard
Marrero, LA 70072

Good morning everyone. Fairly new Model Y owner here in Baton Rouge. I got my Y in late July and am still just nuts about this car. I have a set of Unplugged Performance Luxury Coil-Overs and have not found a shop to install them. I'm willing to drice quite a distance if there a good installer. Can anyone recommend a shop?

Good morning everyone. Fairly new Model Y owner here in Baton Rouge. I got my Y in late July and am still just nuts about this car. I have a set of Unplugged Performance Luxury Coil-Overs and have not found a shop to install them. I'm willing to drice quite a distance if there a good installer. Can anyone recommend a shop?
Frank’s Accurate Body Shop in Slidell is certified to work on Tesla’s. A lot of members in the Louisiana Facebook group have had custom work done at Proven Automotive Concepts in Metairie.

How does the process of getting a temporary LA tag work if I'm taking delivery in Houston?
Should be taking delivery of new Y in 10 days.
Recently people have been taking delivery in Tennessee or Georgia because of the Temporary tag issue. It’s either that or finance through a bank or credit Union that can issue temporary tag since Tesla isn’t allowed to do it here.

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the state and was hoping to get some advice on local shops to work on Teslas. I'm taking delivery of a 2022 M3P at the end of this month and I'm planning to do a few upgrades right off the bat:
1) XPEL Stealth PPF (most likely using Proven Automotive Concepts in Metairie, but open to other suggestions)
2) MPP Comfort Coilovers (either Alpha Customs in Prairieville or Gorilla Race Engineering who was recommended by Proven Auto)
3) Unplugged Performance Ascension Fascia - I need a reputable shop to install and paint this

I hear the LA Tesla Facebook group is quite active but I don't use FB... Any chance I can still join the group without an account?

Any thoughts/comments on any of this would be greatly appreciated!

Philip

Any thoughts/comments on any of this would be greatly appreciated!

Where are folks taking delivery these days? I've been told Tesla started doing deliveries in Jackson, MS last quarter.

(Sorry I don't know the answer to any of your questions above - where in Louisiana are you? I'm curious where one would get that kind of work done too in the New Orleans or Baton Rouge areas.)

Mike