Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Louisiana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the club. Atlanta feels the same way. We have at-least 50 Model S owners here but only Florida is cool enough to have their own section :/

Well part of that is that the Florida section is very active, while the 'Southeast' isn't. There just isn't demand for a subforum at the moment. If the ATL FB people came to TMC then we might have a need for an Atlanta/Georgia section.

I took delivery of a blue 85 last Sunday, in New Orleans. The delivery truck came from Houston and there was also a white P85 on board that was being delivered in Metairie later that day. The truck was too big to get into my neighborhood, so I met him at 7:30 am behind the Walmart on Tchoupitoulas St. Took the car to Baton Rouge and back yesterday on business, and tomorrow I'm headed to the Northshore for an afternoon meeting. What an amazing car. I've been in touch with a P85 owner here in N.O., and I've seen his a couple of times on the street. Also saw a green one parked in a CBD garage a few weeks ago. Other than those two sightings, I haven't seen any here, besides my own.

So, the latest information I've gotten from Tesla is that the Service Manager for the New Orleans Service Center has been hired and is in training. While the physical location of the SC has not yet been finalized, this person will be working out of New Orleans and will start making "Ranger" visits in the local area starting in early December.

I am currently waiting for a "Ranger" to drive over from Houston - a 335 mile each way trip - to work on my Model S. Water is leaking in the rear hatch (they believe it is coming in around the tail lamps and that a revised tail light/seal will fix the problem).

Mike

Last edited:
The amount of the LA tax credit is being bounced between different state offices right now. It could be pretty significant. Larger than the fed credit.
If you are in LA we could probably use some more pressure/e-mails. Especially if you know anyone working for the LA state government.

Send me a message and I will send you more information and people you can e-mail to help show them we are a small but growing group here in Louisiana.