Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Louisville, KY Service Center coming soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was chatting with an owner today in a parking lot and she mentioned that there is a service center being built in Louisville that is going to be completed sometime this year. She had no other information about it though. I'm curious where it will be located but I can't find anything about it. Anyone have any information?

Taking delivery of my 70D in Louisville this week. The people in Cincy keep referring to service personnel based in Louisville, but no brick and mortar SC.

@Ville70S,

So I'm assuming you had to go up to the Cincinnati Tesla SC to take delivery. I was just up there yesterday checking out the Showroom....they had a MC Red 70D and a Blue Model X on the floor. Asked them about Mobile Rangers in Louisville. The GM said they have 1 MR in Louisville. No B&Ms obviously due to sales restrictions. They have 3 Service Centers/Showrooms in Ohio and said they barely got those in before they outlawed anymore locations there and they're actually "Grandfathered" and 'capped' at 3.

Right now Kentucky has SuperChargers in Louisville, Lexington, London and one currently under construction in Bowling Green.

How are you liking your 70D?

Ski

I am really curious about future service centers in Louisville (Model 3 on order and considering a Model X for my wife). Any more news on this? I'm also curious to know what service in the Louisville area has been like recently. Have you had good service from the Ranger? Have you had to have your car towed to Cincy? Any info would be appreciated, Thanks!

Sweet!!! How’d they swing this? It was my understanding there were lobby laws against Tesla Showrooms in Kentucky. The only reason there are I believe 3 in Ohio (this was awhile ago) was I was told they were “Grandfathered” and aren’t aloud anymore! Times are a Changin’!!!

Ski

Since this thread is titled for the service center, perhaps the recent posts above should get moved to the thread below about the store / showroom that someone else started here Friday night? I guess if the new "store" turns out to also be a service center too then these threads can get merged. But until you know that for sure, I guess not ...

Since this thread is titled for the service center, perhaps the recent posts above should get moved to the thread below about the store / showroom that someone else started here Friday night? I guess if the new "store" turns out to also be a service center too then these threads can get merged. But until you know that for sure, I guess not ...

Post #7 with the twitter link says sales and service center.
Jy3y6KL.jpg

Reactions: kpgrizz and ChrisC
Tesla plans a Louisville 'dealership.' Kentucky law could complicate that
Marcus Green Aug 6, 2021

But Kentucky law poses a complication, since it largely bans auto manufacturers from owning, operating or controlling a dealership. Instead, that power rests with local franchises.

Tesla, however, long has resisted those local arrangements. It favors company-owned stores and direct sales, part of a strategy that co-founder and CEO Elon Musk has said reflects Tesla’s unique technology and approach.

So what is being proposed on the roughly 4.5-acre site near Interstate 64 and Blankenbaker Parkway? It depends on who you ask.

Tesla has not responded to an email sent Friday morning seeking clarification about its plans.

But John Rougeux, president of the Tesla Owners of Kentucky club, said he believes the company is looking to open a service center, not a dealership. For now, Tesla owners in Louisville must drive to Cincinnati for service, although the manufacturer has mobile technicians as well.

Middletown Mayor Byron Chapman also said his understanding is that Tesla doesn’t plan to open a dealership, but rather a store where owners can “pick up” cars once they purchase them. He said it’s tentatively scheduled to open during the first half of 2022; it would replace a Harley Davidson motorcycle dealership that is planning to move.

The Kentucky Motor Vehicle Commission licenses auto dealers, manufacturers and distributors in the state. Carlos Cassady, the commission’s executive director, said in an email that Tesla isn't currently licensed or have an application pending.

But he said a service center would not need a commission license. Routine business approvals and licenses would be needed for that, such as satisfying local zoning requirements.

Tesla has been registered do business in Kentucky since 2019. The property it is eying is already zoned for auto repair and sales, and a development plan for the property filed with Metro Planning & Design Services has been approved.

surprised that Tesla doesn't show it on their map for upcoming location. Might sway more people to order one if they knew service was close by. I know I'll be glad mine is in Cincy now for service.
That's actually a really good point. In telling people how much I love my Tesla I have to mention that one of the only downsides is that it's kinda difficult to get parts / service. Once this service center is up and running, that argument goes away completely (or at least as much as it can).

The only show SC's as "Coming Soon" and not service centers.
I was a little confused by the use of "SC". I'm guessing you meant that they only show Super Charger locations as "Coming Soon", not Service Centers. Maybe Tesla should rename of those two "SC" things. 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200