TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Louisville Supercharger Opening

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Fezzik, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Fezzik

Fezzik P67429

I was just on teslamotors.com website looking at the superchargers and its shows Louisville opening soon? Anyone have any info on this????

2. emupilot

emupilot Member

There haven't been any reports of permit activity or construction, but I don't know if people have actively looked. Bear in mind, though, that "Coming Soon" has a very ambiguous meaning to Tesla Motors.

3. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Yes, Louisville and Nashville used to be on the "by the end of 2014" map. Clearly it must not yet bet 2015 as these Superchargers are not yet online. Drove the diesel to Nashville and back Friday for a lack of Supercharger.

4. Fezzik

Fezzik P67429

True, but it is a grey dot on the supercharger map for currently though... so we will see.

5. CurtGentry

CurtGentry Member

I'm heading to the Kentucky Derby in a couple weeks and was hoping this supercharger would be open! Guess we will have to take the wife's car.

6. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

It doesn't look like Louisville is listed as coming soon anymore ..

7. Fezzik

Fezzik P67429

YEah I saw that. The grey dot is gone. Bummer

8. DCinDC

DCinDC Member

That's too bad! I'm watching out for this one too. People should be checking for activity in Meijer parking lots! I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the target. Right between 64 and 71 just off 265....

4100 Towne Center Dr
    Louisville, KY 40241

9. wabbit

wabbit Member

While no location is perfect for everyone, it strikes me that a better SC location might be just over the river in downtown Jeffersonville. It is close to the intersections of 65. 64 and 71. The bridge improvements surely will be completed in the next six month (but don't quote me :) ) and I seem to remember numerous fast food places at the exits off 65. Bottom line - any SC location is better than none.

10. Robotfixr

Robotfixr Member

I look forward to Louisville too. I travel to Bardstown plenty and have to run through Lexington which is a little out of the way. I can make Cincy to Bardstown then lexington on the way back so at least it is somewhat of a change.

11. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Perhaps an Indiana location would be easier without Kentucky's demand for zoning as a "gas station"?

Appears another is planned for somewhere around Elizabethtown as Nashville is a bit farther than average for SC to SC. The south side of Louisville would be a bit close to Elizabethtown. Jeffersonville/Clarksville would serve north/south I-65 and those traveling east/west on I-64 and I-71 as well or better than most in Louisville proper.

As for road construction, this area has been under perpetual construction for 20 years.

12. Insane

Insane Banned

I checked the map and I don't see any supercharger coming soon in Louisville. Perhaps you all have mistaken the one in Lexington which opened several months ago.

Tesla supercharging station opens in Lexington; first in Kentucky

13. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Don't confuse today's map with previous maps. The later half of 2014 had both Nashville and Louisville listed as due by the end of 2014. I was holding my breath all year and disappointed to have to drive the ICE for Christmas.

14. cfOH

cfOH Member

Yep...they removed the Louisville "coming soon" icon from the map recently. Disappointing since I have a trip from Cincy to Nashville in July that looks increasingly like I'll have to take the wife's gas-burner.

And this is why few families can get by having only EVs right now. A few more years and it might not be an issue, but we're just not there yet.

15. bigdomer

bigdomer Member

I really need this SC online. I have 18 known trips from Nashville to Indy over the next few years for business. KY is such an absolute black hole for EVs.

16. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Yup, but Memphis appears to be the blackest hole.

17. bgri5th

bgri5th Ben Griffith

Can you go to Lexington and make the drive across to Nashville.(235 miles for me, My 85D is 'in production')? I too travel from Northern Ohio to Nashville. I think I could charge in Dayton, FULL charge in Lexington and make it, but I don't have any real life experience with Tesla S 85D yet.

18. Fezzik

Fezzik P67429

That will be pushing it. If you go slower on the interstate. But there are some nice long hills in that route esp when going south of louisville toward nashville.

19. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

I believe you are very close to having a direct route already:

Cincinnati Supercharger is days away from opening.

Franklin, TN to Lexington, KY 235 mi
    Lexington, KY to Cincinnati, OH 89 mi
    Cincinnati, OH to Indianapolis, IN 112 mi

Total 436 mi

OR

Franklin, TN to Lexington, KY 235 mi
    Lexington, KY to Indianapolis, IN 190 mi

Total 425 mi

OR

Franklin, TN to Louisville, KY to Indianapolis, IN 309 miles

Everybody has a couple of routes we would like filled in, and a couple more Superchargers on our personal wish list.
    If not 2015, then 2016.

Patience.

20. caddieo

caddieo Member

Just checked the TM Supercharger page a minute ago. The 2015 map shows the completed eastern KY route (Knoxville, London, Lexington, Cincy) and also 2 red dots in western KY - probably Elizabethtown and Louisville. The chances of using ZAPNZIP to Chicago in November are looking better. Maybe some western KY spies can start checking?